DK2S Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2S Dinky

Well I mostly play blues, grunge & metal, and I tell you this guitar just fits everything perfectly! It has a really smooth and heavy sound when distorted (using my DigiTech DF-7). The distortions sometimes are hard to control and then it becomes less smoother, but it's probably coming from the pedal and not from the guitar itself. The Sustainiac feature is amazing, it gives an infinite sound for any sound you make (as long as you hold it) and it fits all kind of music! The only problem is that when you accidently tap strings uncarefully it makes the tap souns sustained and than it's really bugging the ear, but you'll learn how to avoid it after a few hours of playing.

As I said above, I mostly play blues and metal (mainly metal) and it just fits perfectly, couldn't ask for more! Overall, I have been playing for almost 3 years, and by far this is the best guitar I've every played, and it's going to be a REALLY long while until I get a new guitar, and that one will probably be some really high-leveled because this one is almost the top! If it would get stolen I'd definitely buy it again, unless I had no money. The guitar is full of love and you can't stare at it for more than 5 seconds without wanting to jump on it and start playing it for hours, and the Sustainiac feature opens more opportunities for different kinds of solos.

I've never played in a gig, but this guitar will most definitely fit great on stage, thanks to the awesome looks and sounds of it. The hardware looks like it wont have any problems in the future, though the whole idea of changing the battery for the Sustainiac feature kinds of makes me mad. The finish doesn't look like it will wear off easily though, it's really solid!

The finish is an eye-melting Amber Burst! It really rocks and makes you want to play it every time you look at it! The action is just great and fits me perfectly (mostly for Ultra-fast metal). It did have a few flaws on the body, but that's because I got out of a 1-year exhibition for a big sale, and the flaws are almost unnoticable!

Alder body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes) with bolt-on maple neck and compound radius rosewood fingerboard. Features Seymour Duncan humbucking (bridge), single-coil (middle) and Sustainiac Driver (neck) pickups, Jackson low-profile double-locking tremolo and black hardware. This guitar is suited for very fast picking and the neck gives an easy and comfortable hand movement, I made myself home the first second I held the guitar in my hands!

08L1V10N
    Pr0gNut
    08L1V10N wrote: It makes really weird sounds when playing acoustic (not amplified I mean) The strings are resonating or something
    You most likely have the sustainer system turned on,which is making your strings resonate since uhm,that what it does(Ebow built into the guitar basically). Ive owned this thing for 6 months now and I love it.The tone on the neck pup is awesome,I actually use it more than the JB in the bridge since its similar in output but has a warm/smoother tone,great for solos.The bridge pup has good power for chords and riffing and the middle pick up can get passable cleans.All and all its a great guitar for a budget musician price.