DK2S Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2S Dinky

Purchased from: Bobs Music

You can get a lot of sounds out of this thing thanks to the pick up array.The JB is good for power and distorted tones and the neck pickup, when played passively, has a nice warm soling tone.The middle pup is ok for cleans, but they're not great.I'll be replacing the JB with a duncan distortion or invader but that's just personal preference.I tune the guitar low and the jb gets kinda muddy, but for Standard and drop d tunings it kicks ass.

For the money, It's a sweet guitar, and a few upgrades can make it even better.The few minor issues I've had with it aside, it's still one of my two main guitars and matches well with my Ibanez radius. For metal/hard rock this is one of the better guitars in it's price range for sure. Good job Jackon.

Very well built for the price, the floyd can be a bit dodgy though.I've had some minor tuning issues with it but that's to be expected, nothing major at all. Everything is still solid after almost a year of abuse.I'm pretty sure it can take whatever you throw at it, I've used it Live and didn't have any thing go wrong with it.

Uhm flawless as far as I can tell, the finish looks amazing, the deep red color I got on the flame maple top still catches my eye when I walk by it.The action was good from the factory, all I did was raise the pups a bit and switched the strings to my preference.

Lets see here.MIJ with an alder body and maple neck with a RW board.24 jumbo frets with Shark tooth inlays.Sustainer system in the neck with a duncan JB in the bridge and a duncan single coil in the middle.Licensed FR trem.Flame maple top dyed a deep red with a gloss finish.Set up with a master volume and tone and a intensity control for the sustainer system along with an on/off Switch for the sustainer and a mode selector for it.

rename
    rename wrote: ***hey guys I'm in trouble, at first I was looking to buy the jackson KE3 but now im undecided betwen the KE3 or the DK2S, my music prefrences are metal and clean***
    $k!llz
    Hey, I need everyone who owns this guitar to do me a favor. So i was reading the manual, and it ways to pull out the tone knob for a 3db neck pickup volume boost. So I tried that, and my tone knob wont pull out. So I need everyone to see if they can pull out their tone knobs, or if it's just me. Thanks, and report your findings.
    ChroniKing
    Also my finish is now unavailable for this model. TRANSPARENT BLUE!!! Thank you Honeycutt Music & Jackson Guitars
    ChroniKing
    I got this guitar a week ago and broke all of my rules for buying. It was tax_free weekend & the store owner was having a tax-free sale so I couldn't sleep on it before buying or really research pricing and reviews. After playing it for almost an hour in the store I knew it had to be mine. I wasn't planning on upgrading until after the first of the year but I couldn't put it down & @ $500 the price seemed too good to pass up. Boy was I right. Well I couldn't be happier that I broke my rules. I have 21 years of playing under my belt and have owned MANY guitars. This guitar is going to replace my old '78 Gibson flying V as my favorite guitar. (My only other "high-end" electric, granted I have owned several high-end acoustics {a Martin} and acoustic/electrics { 2 Taylors}) Now I know I got an incredible deal and after playing for a week straight I would have paid triple or more for this guitar.
    Pingis_Or_Death
    rami80 wrote: I'm thinking of getting this guitar but i want to change the pickups( invader in the bridge and yjm in the middle),replace the bridge with an OFR and change the frets to stainless is it worth it?
    Probably, these are supposed to be quality guitars. At least my DKMG is is superb and it's in the same price class. I wouldnt switch out the tremolo unless you have problems with it though.
    rami80
    rename
    hey guys I'm in trouble, at first I was looking to buy the jackson KE2 but now im undecided betwen the KE3 or the DK2S, my music prefrences are metal and clean
    FearOfTheDuck
    I played this guitar, and i really loved it, are there any better guitars anyone would recommend in the 600-700 area?
    shelovemyguitar
    I have an Ibanez SA260FM that I like a lot but I want a new guitar with a tremolo. This guitar looks a lot like my Ibanez that I payed about 600$. Is it worth buying that guitar or should I just stay with my good 'ol 260FM?
    FearOfTheDuck
    Man, i'm hopefully getting this for my 18th. Its so nice! And its going to be nice having a floyd rose so i can go a bit more crazy whilst soloing! Yum
    Fear3001
    would it be possible to install a emg 85 as the bridge and a emg sa in the middle but keep the sustainiac
    $k!llz
    $k!llz wrote: how much in canadian does this cost at a guitr shop, and how long will it sustain untill the battery dies, and are the pickups active,
    There passive, and the siongle coils are stacked humbuckers.
    $k!llz
    Just Bought one for $1100. i have to waitfor it to get here cause they orderd it in for me because they didnt have it in stock. cant wait!!
    $k!llz
    As far as from what Ive read, the JAckson licenced floyd rose is as close to a floyd original you can get, so in my opinion, it wouldnt be worth it. The pickups are perfectly fine, they dont buzz a single bit, so I think I would kep them if Iwere you. And FYI, the Middle single coil Is actually a stacked humbucker. And as far as I know, the frets are already Stainless steel.