DK2T Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2T Dinky Pro

Purchased from: Local store

This is a true metal guitar, exactly what I want along with nice cleans. I play mostly Slayer and Pantera and it handles it great. The JB bridge pickup gives some crushing distorted tones and the Jazz neck pickup gives some nice, pretty full cleans. I use it through a Line 6 Spider III 30 amp. The alder body gives a bright sound and the guitar is pretty versatile, but is mostly suited for metal I think, as most Jacksons.

I play metal and I need good, crunchy distorted sounds and this guitar fits it incredibly well. I've been playing for about a year and I thought I needed a good guitar that would last me forever instead of buying a cheap one now and an expensive one later. Along with it, I own a Line 6 Spider III amp and they work very well together. I love everything about this guitar so far and I can't think of anything else it needs. I was first planning to buy a Jackson DXMG, so I went to the store and tried it. I figured the EMGs would sound nice, but I was a bit disappointed. So I looked at more Jacksons and found this. The transparent finish looked great and the Seymour Duncans blew the passive EMGs on the DXMG away. I was supposed to get the guitar about a month after I tried it, but I just couldn't wait. If this guitar was stolen I would hunt the thief day and night and beat him for stealing it, then take it back and buy another one.

This is a very realiable guitar I think. Although I don't play on stage, if I would I would probably not need a backup. The hardware and strap buttons seem solid and the finish too. I tried scraping my pick against it and nothing happened, so I would say the finish lasts a long time.

The guitar was set up good and had low action. The neck looks a little strange where it goes into the body but it's no problem at all. The pickups were nicely adjusted and everything looks fine. I've had the guitar for about 2 months and I've found no flaws yet.

This is a very new model, so I guess it was made in 2006-2007 in Japan. It has 24 jumbo frets, a thin, maple bolt-on neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has an alder body with flame maple veener on transparent colors. It comes in transparent and solid colors. Strat style body with string-through body and passive Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck. It has a three-way angled pickup selector with bridge-middle-neck positions and a tone and master volume knob. It has sealed die-cast tuners and black hardware. I got a gig bag and a cable with it.