DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: Retailer

The sound is excellent with passive pickups. You can make harmonics come out of this bad boy like nothing. I play thrash metal. I also play lead. I can play really fast on this guitar too. It has a fast neck. I also play the blues on this bad boy and it sounds excellant with the neck pickup. I run through it with a Carvin Legacy amp. The sound is unbelievable and the distortion is awesome. I also use a Morley Bad Horsie Wah pedal and a Metal master distortion. It's nice. This guitar is noisy when its cranked. It pickups sound good. It doesnt hum or squeal when it's loud. The sound I'd say is warm, thick, sound. Great for the blues or metal. This bad boy can hit Pinch harmonics, tap harmonics, natural harmonics, you name it and this guitar can do it.

As I said before, I play the blues and thrash metal. This guitar is good for both. Thats that. I have been playing for about a year, but I'm quite good, well thats what people say. I'd say I'm intermediate. I also own a les paul. I'd choose this guitar over the les believe it or not. If I got this guitar stolen or if I lost it, I'd buy it again. Its worth the money. I love this guitar. It has everything a lead player could ask for. I enjoy the sound booster. When I'm on stage and the rhythm player is too loud for me to be heard, I just pop this baby out and I overpower the sound too easy. Its a nice feature. The only thing I wish it had were seperat volume controls for the pickups. Other than that, this guitar will not fail you. You'll fall in love with this guitar once you start playing it whether your at a music store or your freinds house.

I have played live with this guitar a few times and I must say I'll use it again. I never dropped it but hit it hard on stuff accindentally. Its still good. The hardware should last if you don't abuse it. The Floyd goes out of tune if you dont tighten the locking nut real tight. The strap buttion are solid. They want fall off if you leave them alone. I can depend on this guitar. It won't get all mest up on stage. The finish is quite good. It gets dirty easy but thats nothing. I gets stratched kinda easy though.

The action on this guitar is really low. I can go so fast on this sucker. You'll have to adjust it a bit if you play rhythm 'cause at the 2nd to 4th frets you can get buzz. The pickups were set up nice. Just like it wanted them to be. Not to low, not to high. The bridge is setup right. Its not off or anything. Its aligned with the neck good. The guitar didn't have any flaws that I know of.

This is my review on this guitar. It's a Jackson DKMG. This is a new model. I think 2002, not quite sure though. This guitar was made in Japan. It's a nice guitar for a Japanese model, though. First off I love this guitar. It has a total of 24 frets. These are jumbo frets. It has a maple neck and a compound radius fretboard. The body is alder wood, which gives a warm sound. The finish is four types; black, cobalt, cobalt swirl, and black forest. These are nice colors. The black forest is really nice. I'd say its body style is Strat, but smaller. The bridge style is Floyd Rose Licensed double locking tremelo. It's not as good as the original, but its better than most of the bridges. I can dive-bomb my way all the way down, pull it up, mess with it and its still will be in tune. Quite nice if your a lead player. The pickups are EMG-HZ passive pickups. These are nice and provide excellent sound for passive pickups. There is a master volume and a master tone with a three way pickup selector. It also has a booster on it. It makes the sound louder by 20 dbs. Pushes your lead tones out in front. Useless with distortion though. You can also adjust the booster level. The tuners are I believe are Jackson tuners.