DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: Local Shop

I play metal, not the new drop C chug chug s--t. I'm talkin Randy Rhoades, Jake E Lee, Ratt, Motley Crue, Joe Satriani stuff. It works fine with my Marshall, my Ibanez half stack sucks, it rules with my Peavey. Noise isn't much of a problem with the EMGs thier shielded. It's got a nice hot sound in the bridge with the stock emgs and the neck pickup has a really fat syrupy sound. This guitar can do anything you can make it do.

This guitar is excelent for rock. I've been playing for about 5 years, I also own a Squier Strat it was my first guitar, I learned my mistakes from that one. I have a Marshall MG15DFX amp, an Ibanez TB half stack and a Peavey XXL head. I wish I had checked the volume knob on this guitar, that's my only gripe, but I run full blast most of the times so its not too huge of a problem. If it got stole, I'd cry, then work 'till I could afford another one. I love the neck, and the feel of the body. It's definately something worth lookin into if you like to have fun with guitars. I wish it had Duncans in it stock, and a real floyd rose but that one is kinda superficial.

The hardware seems fine, though I'd like to have a real floyd rose pro in this beast. But to hell with droppin 200 bucks for a name. I'd use it without a backup.

The action was a little low nothin a little tweak on the locking bridge and neck can't fix. The pickups werset up fine, the top and routing was perfect but the pots sucked and were all crackly.

For a guitar made in Korea, I must say this is a pretty bad ass guitar. 24 frets, 25.5" scale, pretty thin neck, could be a little wider. Solid alder body, I got the blue swirl stuff. Maple neck. The nice dinky style with the scalloped heel and horns is nice the horns stay out of the way. The floyd rose is kinda a pain though, takes nearly a half hour to restring and retune, and if you need to change tunings its a pain, but hey you can dive bomb and ultra wail without funkin your guitar up either. The active booster thing is ok, but I'm getting rid of it. The EMGs are pretty great but I like the sound of a seymor duncan hot rodded humbucker set. I'm gonna get those chunked in here and I gonna get the electronics redone, the pots on this guitar suck thats really the only bad deal about it. The volume knob crackles like frying bacon. But like I say imma get the duncans, and get rid of the booster thingy, just a main vol, and a bridge/neck volume for the other two pots. No tone knob, so you get a lot more range out of your pickups. I've had this guitar for nearly a year, and for the price I paid and a few minimal (not really all that crucial) mods and alterations to this guitar and I've got one bad ass guitar.