DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

I play mostly rock and metal and sometimes blues. I use this guitar with a Peavey Rage 158 amp and Boss ME-50 multi-effects pedal. The pickups are not noisy. It sounds simply sick when distortion is added. With the turbocharger on, it adds a muddy crunch to the sound. but then when playing clean, it's really nothing extraordinary. I wouldn't mind changing the pickups to EMG 81/85. overall, the sound is pretty good, as this guitar is made for metal.

I play a lot of rock and recently beginning to play more metal. I have been playing for about 2 years and a bit and I also own a Fender Standard Strat. The only thing I wished I asked before buying this guitar was to ask the salesman to lower the action for me so I didn't have to go there again, but then that's about it. When I was choosing a guitar to buy I had my eye on a few Ibanez prestiges but then in the end I chose this guitar, believe it or not. It was worth the money anyways. decent price for a decent guitar. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would get another guitar, probably Jackson again, maybe an Ibanez.

I think this guitar will definately withstand live playing, but then not without a backup, but then maybe thats just me. The strap buttons are solid, I've jammed with my band a few times with this guitar and it has never fallen onto the floor. The finish is quite good, if you take good care of this guitar, polish it etc. It'll be fine, but it gets stratched pretty easily though.

The action on this guitar wasnt as I wanted it to be wen I first got it, but once I got it lowered, it played great. The pickups were set up fine, no complaints.

This guitar was made in Japan. I think in 2002 or so. It has 24 frets. Maple neck. Floyd rose licensed bridge, 2 EMG-HZ pickups (passive), a 3-way selector a volume knob, a tone knob and an EMG turbocharger (0-20 db boost). The body is made out of alderwood. This guitar also has locking tuners, which makes it quite a hassle to change anything, but then again it wont go out of tune easily anyways.