DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: aj's guitars

I have my DKMG, ME-50, to a Fender FM 212R (100 watts) and it sounds pretty good. My heavy tone sounds so good and deep and my clean really bright and clear, but I think thats because of the amp. With the floyd rose, I can dive bomb, and harmonic dive things without going out of tune. If you have watched that dimebag video where he teaches you how to squeal, this guitar does it perfectly with the right technique.

I play anything from RHCP to Slayer and this guitar does it all. I've been playing for three years and this is my third guitar. If it were stolen, I would buy it again, but if I had the money, I would buy an an ESP M-2 like I orginally wanted, but it was 1000 dollars more, so I just bought this, and I'm glad I did. I just wish it had EMG 81/85 and an official floyd rose.

I would gig with this guitar easily. The hardware seems like it'll be fine for a long time. The strap buttons are pretty solid, but I want to change them to strap locks just to be safe. I wouldn't bring a backup if I gigged with it.

When I bought it the action was a little high, but I lowered it. The pickups are at perfect height. No scratches, no lose things. It was set up pretty good.

This guitar is awesome. I have no clue what year it was made, but I do know it was made in Japan. Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and an alder body. It's all black and it has a carved top. It has a liscenced floyd rose, I'd rather had an ofr, but that's okay now, 'cause it stays in tune when I divebomb. It has EMG HZ which are pretty weak, but when I get a job, ill upgrade them to EMG 81/85 or some Seymour Duncans. One volume, one tone, and some booster thing, that I think mine is messed up, but based on other reveiws that say it sucks, I'm not mad about it. 3-way pick up selector. It has a locking nut of course so it stays in tune. Oh yeah, and the reversed headstock is pretty badass looking.