DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: Andertons Music Company

This guitar is an amzing guitar if you are to be playing a variety of music: from classic rock to heavy metal. The two active pickups (EMG 81/85) provide a wonderful tone, and work well with some good distortion. I am using this guitar through a Boss Metal Zone pedal through to a Boss Equalizer and into a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack. It sounds great! I play a lot of Killswitch Engage and the Active EMG's really let me bring out the harmonics. This guitar sounds really great when I tune low. I use DR Dimebag (high voltage) 11-50 gauge strings. Along with the Licensed Floyd Rose Tremelo and the Locking Nut, you can divebomb all the way down and bring it all the way back up, and not go out of tune.

I play all kinds of music, but mostly metal. I like the Killswitch Engage kind of music, which includes a lot of Pinch Harmonics, and this guitar is a perfect match for that kind of music. I have been playing for about 4 years now and I own a Boss Metal Zone Pedal and a Boss Equalizer Pedal and I run those through to a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack. If this guitar was stolen, I would definately buy another one. I love the Active 81/85 EMG pickup set on this guitar, they are much better than the EMG HZ passive pickups. The licensed floyd rose tremelo is a good add-on on this guitar, it provides you with a new type of technique. I only wish this guitar came with a hardcase made by Jackson, because I had to buy a seperate one that doesn't look that good.

I haven't gigged with this guitar yet, but I'm sure it will withstand live playing. I've bashed it a couple times and there aren't any marks on it. I got this guitar in Transparent Red and it looks fantastic. The strap buttongs are solid, but on my guitar they squeak a bit when I put on a strap. I will definately gig with this in the future and I would use it without a backup because it doesnt't go out of tune and sounds perfect.

The guitar came set up very well. The action was perfect and was easy to play with. The pickups are adjusted just right to get a great tone with no noise. There werent really any major flaws in this guitar, the only flaw I can come up with is that the strap buttons are really squeaky whenever I put on a strap, but I shall be replacing them with strap locks so it doesnt't really matter that much. Other than that, this guitar is perfect.

Poppafrito
    Yeah I was confused too. mine came with 81/85 active pickups.I never owned a jackson before this one.I love this guitar.
    666_Pounder
    They updated the pups that come as standard to 81/85 late 06 just after i bought one with hzs