DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

I play only metal on this guitar, though mainly thrash, death and black. The sound is very high quality, although active pickups (81/85) would have been better. Still, with my Boss MT-2 Metalzone and MG series Marshall half-stack, this baby shrieks, rips and slaughters. It has a bright sound when clean, and a dark full tone when distorted or you mess with the controls on the amps. Jacksons were made for metal, although with overdrive, technique and personal preference, you can coax out punk, hard rock, classic rock and heavy blues out of it, due to the passive pickups.

Jacksons were made for metal. They do exactly what they were made for and they do it the best. I have now been playing for 3 years and this is currently my best piece of equipment. The best things I love about it are the 24 frets, tremolo and dual humbuckers. If it were stolen, I would buy another (if I couldn't recuperate the original) and install 81/85's and an original Floyd Rose. If you don't play metal, don't buy jacksons. If you don't like tremolos, buy the DKMGT the same features except for the tremolo.

This guitar will last you for any gig, provided you don't smash the guitar into the amps. The floyd rose system makes tricky to Switch tunings, so bring a backup or two if you have different tunigs for different songs. th strap buttons are perfect, it has never slipped out of the strap. the finish seems to be very durable, but nothing is stupid-proof.

I got the guitar straight out of the box with the action low, properly adjusted pickups and a spotless paintjob. All of the elcetronics were in place, the hardware was perfectly adjusted to the strings (.009 or.010) The only bad thing was it didn't come with the bar, but I talked to the guy and I got a free one.

The modelis a 2000, made in Japan. The fret board has 24 jumbo frets with Sharkfin inlays in the usual frets (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19, 21). It is a solid top with a satin finish made of alder. It has dual Emg-HZ passive Humbuckers: the H4 in the bridge and the H4A in the neck position, with a 3-way blade pickup selector. It has master volume and master tone knobs. The bridge is a double-locking recessed Floyd Rose Licensed tremolo. The tuners are stock and it has rather large strap buttons with felt washers. No accesories are included.

Demonikk
    Yeah I play an RR3, but I wish I got a DKMG when I saw the price. Dunno what's better though, the DKMG or the DKMGT. Any opinions?
    hitmanharper
    Jackson are owned by fender therfore the body shape and it comes with a choice of emg or symore duncan pickups. Emg are probally the top company for high output pickps. Theyre hum cancelling is second to none and are amazing sound for recording cause of the clarity. As for the 20db bosst gain its probally the emg 60 or 90 in the neck position id need to look that up but one of them came with a gain boost.
    dsaanm
    I got mine with emg 81/85 pickups for Lm360 in Malta (which is equivalent to $1080) is that a good price? P.S I love the guitar
    dsaanm
    but i'm in malta so these things tent to be more expensive.. but alas I still love the guitar it rocks
    barkatthemoon81
    hey, just to confirm with you guys who are in the know...the new models of the DKMG have EMG active pickups in em, right? Not the passive ones the older pre 2006 models had...I'm planning on buying a brand new one next Thursday...I'll check with the guys in the shop, but I just wanted to get the heads up beforehand...cheers
    Fuzzbox91
    I got one of these with the 85/81s in them. it was 400 on a clearence sale. its great for all forms of metal. Anything from Sabbath to Cannibal Corpse will sound great on this thing. For anything other than metal its not all that great tho. The clean sound is boring. but that doesnt matter because i got this primarily for metal. Everything else i use my trusty Gibson SG. overall one of the best metal guitars out there
    Harley1973
    i bought it second hand for 400, it is the version with the extra volumeboost knob (three potmeters) nowadays they don't produce these onces anymore, i love this guitar!