DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

I play mostly heavy metal and the dual emg's suit that very well. I play it through a Line6 Spider II 15. I do get a little bit of hum but that's because I have a bad quality cable it's not the pickups at all emg makes noiseless pikcups. A couple things I don't like at all is it doesn't have a ton of sustain, and I sometimes have a hard time getting really good harmonics. And that's not me I play another guitar with a Dimebucker and the harmonics are killer so I definitely know how to do it I just can't seem to get good harmonics out of the EMGs. The Floyd is okay, but it works. But the sustain issue causes more issues with the floyd like when I do divebombs I lose half the sound when I bring it back up which gets really really annoying. But it is a great guitar don't get me wrong. I've been able to get dimebag tones out of this before, but that's only with fresh batteries and after about a week or so of daily 2-3 hour practice I can't get those tones anymore. I'm really looking for a seriously brutal, Ultra high-gain sinister Dimebag tone and I can't get that with this guitar but it's still good for everything else from Iron Maiden to Metallica, to Trivium and everything in between. I haven't tried, but I'm sure you could get some good blues/jazz tones out of it with the right amp.

This guitar is definitely suited for metal. The neck is thin and fast and I think any metalheads would be very pleased with it. I think I'd probably buy something else if it got lost/stolen just because someone bought it for me as a gift, so I didn't pick it out myself. They just knew I wanted emg's and a Floyd Rose and it was the first guitar they found with both so they bought it. I eventually want to add an afterburner to it for the added gain, but I'll be fine until then.

This guitar I think will last for a long time. I would definitely gig with it without a backup this guitar is great, I've had it for about 2 years now and I've banged it on stuff accidentally and it's been scratched up by my belt buckle on the back and it hasn't chipped at all and the paint is still there. Definitely very dependable and reliable and durable.

When I got it, I got a coffin case which it didn't fit in so I had to take it back and get a different case. The action was perfect. The pickups were fine, but for the tone I want I had to raise the pickups up. I have them at the highest they can get before the strings touch them when I pull the whammy bar. Nothing was loose at all. I was able to just whip it out of the case and play right then and there no problem.

This beautiful, high quality Jackson was made in 2006. It has a carved top alder body, a beautiful Bolt-On Rock Maple neck, rosewood with compound 14" to 16" radius 24-fret fingerboard, Piranha fretboard inlays, brutal active EMG 81(bridge) and 85(neck) pickups, Floyd Rose Licensed Jackson Low Profile JT580 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo, NPS .009-.0042 strings, 25.5" scale, Ivoroid Binding on Neck and Headstock, Reverse Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed Headstock, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3-way blade selector, black hardware, and you can get an optional deluxe molded case for it.

TheCarl88
    If he can't get harmonics out of EMG's then somethings wrong. Dimebuckers are lower output so that means you should be able to get a more than brutal enough sound for anything Pantera wise and the batteries last me atleast 3 months. You either need to learn to play, get a new amp or check that it's actually setup right. Either that or your really a Dean rep deliberately giving it a bad name haha.
    jam_shahzeb
    ok, im confused... Jackson DKMG Dinky OR Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR? Please help me out here... I need suggestions!
    jam_shahzeb
    and the recent Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR has the EMG 81TW - bridge & EMG 89 - neck