DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

I play this guitar through a Raven RG60 amp, and have nailed the early EVH tone. Compared to stock, it sounds like the volume is turned up to about 15 or more. The guitar sustains for longer that just about any other guitar I've ever played. it's got great lows, killer highs, and screams over the top. The great thing about it is that the lows don't drown out the highs, and the harmonics are the best I've ever heard. Bar none.

I've been playing since christmas 2003, and this is the closest I've ever heard to the early EVH tone. it's easy to play, but it's only this good if it's been modified. I had a lot of specific details in mind when I purchased this guitar, and now it is exactly what I want. If you intend on modifying it, buy it.

If I could pick any guitar to use on stage anywhere at anytime, I'd pick my Jackson. I can jump around because I have eye screws and locking clips in place of the strap buttons. I've dropped this guitar from a second story deck and it didn't even go out of tune. It is nearly impossible to dent the neck, but the body will dent pretty easily. other than that, it is flawless.

As of right now, the guitar has the lowest action that I've ever played on. It bends effortlessly, and accepts different string gauges without any intonation adjustments at all, but only after the first adjustment. This holds true with all floyds that come on this guitar.

I did another review on this guitar in it's stock form. This is the review on the modified version. The guitar's tone in stock form was too thin for my taste. I have added a bit of weight in a few places and added a Seymour Duncan '59 model pickup in the bridge position that is turned clockwise to counter the smaller size of the pickup, and a 500k pot. I removed the EMG from the neck position, and the 3 way Switch, but plan to replace it in form of a kill Switch. I also made a heavier block for the Floyd Rose that was large enough to allow me to make it a set design, instead of floating, while increasing sustain.