DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: GAK

I only ever play metal, wheither it be black, death, thrash or any other sub-genre, I settle for no other genre. I am playing through a Roland Micro Cube which is soon to be changed. When plugged into a powerful amp. You can get a variety of tones from this guitar. This guitar has a clean distortion, it's not muddy or noisy. it's just a clean distortion which sounds very nice. Overall this is a metal machine. Your not going to a jazz show. If you want variety for the same price, go with the DK2 or alternativly the DK2M. But if you want to play metal. Choice this guitar.

The most important thing is to try the guitar. Reading reviews on the internet isnt enough. You need to try it for yourself at your local guitar store. Like I said before, I play and Live metal. You'll look pretty silly playing the Rolling Stones on this badboy. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably save up a bit more money for the RR24, but that's more money, for the same money I would buy this guitar again. Overall this was the perfect buy for me, but don't expect to be able to pick up and play. You'll need to take care of it alot.

The neck is very comftable, it's very light to hold and it really does feel different to other guitars necks. The Alder body is light but brutal. You will get a great metal sound out of it while the guitar isnt actually that heavy. You probably would need a back-up playing Live, but that goes for any guitar with a Floyd Rose. Other than that the guitar is of very high quality.

Overall the guitar came in very good shape. I stuck some Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings on and tuned it to my prefered tuning. The Floyd Rose was in good shape. his guitar had no flaws as far as I can see, although I had to tighten the volume knob (which is very easy to do).

This is my first review and also my first guitar. Not only is it top quality but it is also stunningly beautiful. This guitar comes with an Archtop, Alder body, Maple neck, Active EMG 81 and 85 pickups, 1 Volume Knob, 1 Tone Knob, Licensed Floyd Rose Tremelo, Regular Jackson Tuners and in a very sexy Transparent Black finish. Dissapointingly, I had to buy a hardcase seperatly as mine did not come with any accessories what'soever. I highly reccomend you get all the needed gear for this guitar (strap locks, fretboard cleaner, string cleaner etc). This guitar was made in Japan and is of very high quality.