DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play through a Randall RG75 G3 with a celestion speaker. I use a DigiTech RP255 processor. I love the EMG 81. It has lots of bite and great sustain. I can't stand the EMG 85. I took it out and gave it away. I replaced it with a EMG 60. The 60 has a great clean sound. I basically use the 81 for gain and the 60 for clean.

I've been playing 20+ years. I love this guitar and would never get rid of it. The guitar is easy to play. It has a great tone. I can achieve geat amounts of gain, which I love, and a beautiful clean tone. I like the EMG 81 and EMG 60 combonation. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying I do not like the EMG 85. When it comes to gear it is a matter of opinion and style. It is all about what works for you and what you like. There is no best anything. It is your style that dictates what you like.

I have no problem with the reliability and durability of this guitar. The paint will wear off of the fine tuning screws and other hardware. To me this just gives the guitar character. I did have a set screw break and had to replace it. The screws are made with cheap metal.

When I got my guitar the springs for the tremelo were not connected. The action was too high and the tremelo was not floating level. I lowered the action and adjusted the tremelo to where it floats percectly level. The trick to holding tune is put the strings on and break them in before locking them down. I use the trem alot and it holds tune perfectly. I have never played on a guitar with a locking system that holds tune as well as this one. If it isn't holding tune then you're doing something wrong. It took me a while to get use to the neck. Once I did it was on. I love the action of this guitar.

Jackson, Black DKMG Dinky. The guitar came with a EMG 81 (bridge) and EMG 85 (neck). It has 24 frets, a Floyd Rose pro tremelo, a volume and tone knob, alder body, maple neck (not painted), and a reverse headstock. The neck has a rosewood fretboard and the fret markers are unique.