DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: Craigslist

I mainly play through a Line 6 Spider II 212 combo. I play hard rock/metal and this guitar is perfect for my taste. The EMGs are the best I have ever played. I also have a Dean Razorback with a dimebucker but after I played this guitar, I will never buy another guitar without EMGs. I don't think there is a limit to the music you play with this guitar. It is good for clean sounds, however I think it was made as more of a metal guitar. Neck is very comfortable and easy to shred. The floyd rose works fairly well. I have not had a problem with my guitar going out of tune unless I go overboard with the whammy.

I play anything from rock (KISS, AC/DC) to heavy metal (Pantera, Killswitch Engage etc) but I mostly play thrash (Megadeth, Slayer) and this guitar is a perfect match. I have been playing for about 4 years. I also own a B.C. Rich Warlock and a Dean Razorback but this guitar by far outplays them. My favorite feature is the pickups. They sound amazing for my type of music. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy a new dinky or any other Jackson.

So far it has held up very well. I have not gigged with it much just a couple small gigs but it held up fine and stayed in tune. All the knobs and the switch have stayed in tact. As far as using it without a backup, I wouldn't but I would never do that anyway. However I think most people could get away with it. It is a very durable guitar. The only problem I have with the finish is that mine is black and shows dust and prints real bad. But I don't feel like it is going to fade anytime soon.

Not much to say here. When I bought my guitar there were no flaws at all. Mine has a black finish. There were no scratches in the paint. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. None of the knobs seemed to be loose or anything and all the hardware just seemed to be perfect.

I bought this guitar about a year ago on Craigslist and thought it was time I gave it a review on here. Not sure when mine was made. Has 24 jumbo frets, bolt on neck, active EMG pickups, reverse headstock, a volume and tone control, 3 way switch, and licensed floyed rose tremolo.

SSampuser68
    Why in God's name are these reviewers playing this guitar through practice amps? This guitar deserves better than that.
    NeedACoffee
    This guitar is like a baby to me, but somehow it just feels lacking. I love playing it, and have neglected it a bit in the past, there's just something about it that I kinda can't get used to. I suppose it'd kinda be like having a kid with down syndrome.