DKMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMG

Purchased from: South Shore Music Co.

I play mostly metal and hard rock which this guitar is perfect for. Very thin and fast playing neck allows me to navigate quickly and precisely. No white noise unless you're using a crappy amp, and then its your amps fault! The clean sounds are also pretty good, not as good for blues as a Fender but serviceable.

Overall, I love this guitar. Its was worth the money brand new, and if you see a used one at a good price and its up your alley, go for it. Jackson makes a quality product whether you're buying a low-end or high-end model. Though truth be told, if I were to replace it I would go with a model that doesn't have the Floyd Rose bridge since I don't use my whammy bar often and I like to play in several different tunings which is a tedious thing to change with this guitar.

As I noted earlier, I bought this guitar new in '03 or '04 and now in 2012 this guitar plays just as well as it did back then. The only noticable wear not caused by me is some grime collecting on the pickup screws and around the bridge. Given a deep clean, this guitar would look factory new very quickly. Have used it many times both live and recording without a backup.

I had the action lowered a bit once it arrived, but every other aspect of the guitar was perfect out of the box. Pickups needed no adjusting. Nothing appeared or felt misaligned. The cobalt blue swirl finish is beautiful and I've made sure to keep it that way.

Bought brand new in '03 or '04 (its been a while). Made in Japan. Alder body and Rosewood fretboard. Reverse headstock. Mother of Peal Shark inlays. 24 Jumbo frets. Floyd Rose bridge. EMG-HZ passive humbuckers. 2 tone knobs, 1 volume. 3 position pickup selector.

cobhc909094zach
    synkro wrote: Can a D-tuna fit in this guitar? Please Help
    No they D-tuna needs a non recessed floyd rose, I was very dissapointed when I couldent drop one on my Jackson soloist.
    JLaScala
    There should be a separate review for the EMG 81/85 model. I have two and they are exceptional.