DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

Purchased from: machinehead guitars, hitchin

I bought this guitar as I'm steering more towards the whole thrash/shred metal genre (and loving it) so I wanted a balls out metal guitar but with some sort of style/elegance to it but Substituting no tone what-so-ever. And now I have it any way the main thing of this guitar that attracted it to me was the turbo charged emg's, which are the best. (Period) I found myself with my mouth open in amazement waiting for the notes to finish if you want a metal tone with stupidly long smoth, harmonising sustain, then this is perfect, I found the right guitar for the right genre makes all the difference, the pick-up selections are good and I found all of them to be useful, I played it through my 30 watt Marshall Avt and Korg AX1500G and it didn't take me very long to set up the tone I wanted.

For a metal guitarist, without spending 600+ I'm not sure I could have done much better, I've been playing for about three and a half years now and guitar is my life, I have a Les Paul, American Strat, Fender acoustic, and 900quid spanish, this guitar is a welcome addition and with me just joining a metal band, this will be used in confidence, I will probably be using it through my 1960's selmer stack for that extra roundness on the tone. I usualy play thru a Ax1500g effects box and it suits this fine, the turbo charger was the main sell point for me as it opens up a whole gate of possibilities that put it in front of such contenders like Ibanez (which are also nice) but I just like the overall edge to the appearence of the guitar.

Well I only got it today so I cant say much apart fromt eh fact I've played and seen a load of guitars and the build quality on this example is comfortably above average.

The way I got it set up was fine, the action was low but with just enough tension for that tiny bit more accuracy for bends, I can't hear or see anything wrong with the pickups setup, all blends well together, the frets were rolled veeeery nicely and everything seems fine.

Just got it today and wow. I have a Les Paul and Strat (american) and this beast of a guitar combines what I wanted from both of them. I think it's mainly jap made, 24 jumbo frets, in black carved top that looks great, made from basswood, very thin and extremely fast maple neck (perfect shredding ground), rosewood fret board with little shark type inlays, your basic kick ass super Strat body with the very 80's reverse headstock, thru strung body - the sustain will blow you away, seriously, the volume/tone pots were easy to get to grips with and use the variety of tones from the guitar, and it has what I like to call a fxcking sick boost feature which you activate with the pulling up of the lowest pot, and hey - the Emg's just do it all (I think its quite rare you can play authentic blues on a metal guitar), two hard hitting hummers (Emg hz's) and they even threw in some strings and a hard case!