DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

Purchased from: musicians friend

I play metal so I need the dirt and the tone. This guitar delivers. It hits all of the highs and lows that I need, and with the turbocharger it shoots the gain into outer space. I've never heard so much distortion in my life. I just use a Boss distortion pedal with my Rogue 120R amp. I hardly use the reverb on the amp. And with the EMG's there's no signal noise.

I think for the price range this is an excellent guitar. Better than anything else you can find for $350. I've had it for several months and it kills all of my other guitars. I have had a squire Strat, B.C. Rich Wave and an Ibanez RG350. I wish it had a floyd rose whammy but it would be a lot more in price. Overall, it's the best thing to get for $350. I mean what's better than a Jackson.

I've done three shows with this guitar and it stood up where my B.C. Rich had failed. No string breaks, no tune outs or shorts. Every thing should last many years because it was very well made. I didn't need a backup for all of my shows. The finish is well put on fore I play it everyday and there's no chips or wear.

When I recieved it I saw no flaws or any funny business and I still have only found one but it was fixable. The nobs for the volume and tone were loose so I took them off and applied some super glue and haven't had a problem yet.

This guitar is really nice. It was made in Japan and made well. It has 24 frets. It has the piranha tooth fret inlays and a rosewood fretboard. They said it was a cobalt blue but it looks more of a midnight blue. It is made from basswood I believe for good resonance. This is the non-tremelo model with a string through body and Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has a bolt-on neck and EMG H-Z pickups with the exclusive turbocharger (active gain boost). Strings were included but that's it.

axed
    RandomHeroJr
    the one on the website is the DKMGT dinky, this is just the DKMGT, I have it and I love it it, it cost me in total $400 after buying gig bag to get it back to england, so to me it cost 220 which is so cheap it is unbelievable, a cheap place sells it for 440!
    Kain_Doom01
    I mean what's better than a Jackson
    A Peavey Rotor Exp, Same price, 2x the sound quality
    Cyberjim
    axed wrote: jackson lists this guitar on their website with a pair of emg81/emg85 pairing however every reviewer here states that it came with emg hz pickups. whats the deal here?
    The new model (2006) comes with EMG 81/85 instead of EMG-HZ