DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

Purchased from: musicians friend

I play metal with Marshall mini and a Boss distortion. The H/H setup with EMG's is pretty incredible, with my Boss metal pedal you can go from a light bluesy distortion to classic rock crunch to full out metal distortion and pretty much anywhere in between. I rarely use the gain booster in combo with my pedal because it's a bit of overkill and unwanted artifical harmonics and sting noise will pop up all the time unless your a palm and fret hand mute nazi. In my opinion the DKMGT and a solid pedal combo can pretty much do anything. It even has a great clean tone for rythmn and lead. Pinch harmonics and Artifical harmonics sound great. Amazing sound out of either pickup. I played many guitars before and after I bought this guitar and for the price you'd be insane not to buy this guitar, even if the heavy look doesnt't suit you.

My price range was >400 and I knew I wanted an HH setup. Epiphones were a bit expensive for what I wanted and I liked the look of DKMGT so I went for it. Never looked back. I pity the people that overpay for strats/teles/etc. DKMGT has amazing tone, and durability. This guitar has grown with me and I love it. The one thing that I miss is a tremolo bridge, but I only miss that maybe once a month. If I lost it today I would replace it tomorrow with the exact same guitar. If I lost it in a couple years I might replace it with a Jackson Soloist, but until I have that much disposable cash, the DKMGT is perfect.

Definitely withstand Live playing. Hardware is great. Never had a problem with the strap buttons. I would gig without a backup. The finish is strong but the only place I worry is the fretboard, for which I have recently begun to use fast fret. The paint is chipping in some areas where I have dropped it, but nothing major.

I pulled this thing out of the box tuned and began playing right away. No srting buzz, low action, thin neck, sounded amazing and still does. I play every single day and besides me dropping or my dog gnawing on the edge, it is perfect. This thing is a tank. Besides extreme temperature change, it stays in tune. And besides my 2nd day string change I have never broken a string (even with detuning, fast plam mutes, crazy bends, etc.)

24 fret/ Rosewood fretboard, flamed maple top. EMG humbuckers. Dark blue paint. Black Hardware. Mainly I play metal and this was my second guitar. Came with nothing but the guitar, a couple tools, and strung. comes with a gain amplifier. String thru body style.