DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

Purchased from: Curly Music

I play mostly metal put I play other stuff as well such as blues classic rock and funk. The neck is very suitable for metal and the pick ups are very versitile and can be used for pritty much any style. I am using it with a Marshall MG15CD (don't laugh) and a Zoom multi effects pedal, the tone I get out of the Marshall isn't very good but I have used it with a Randall and it sounds amazing, when I use the guitar with my pedal it sounds great I can create a bone crushing metal sound, a sparkling clean tone, or when I use it with an acoustic sim I can get an amazing acoustic sound out of it. I can get very bassy low pitched tone with the EMG's and great Treble for soloing. The EMG's are very loud but that's how they are meant to be played you have to play them loud to get the best possable tone out of them however they still sound great playing quietly. The pick ups on this guitar are completly silent no fuzz and no buzzing.

I play mainly metal it is a perfect match for it but it is also very versitile. I have been playing about 4 years I own a Marshall MG15CD and a Zoom multi effects pedal, the guitar works very well with the pedal but not so good with my amp but thats the amps fault and not the guitars. I am about to buy a Randall RG50TC and it seems to work really well with the Randall. If it was lost or stolen I would buy a new one or one very similar. I love all of this guitar however i wish it was a neck thourgh body construction but that would cost alot more money, my favorite feature of this guitar is the pick ups thay are awesome and you can get any tone you want with them. Overall this is a great guitar, it's worth the money and I definitely don't regret buying it.

This guitar will easily stand up to giging, however I am yet to gig with it. All the hard ware seems very stable and it will last a long time. it has massive strap buttons I would gig with it without using a strap lock. This guitar is very dependable I havn't had any real problems with it yet and I would gig with it without using a back up. I have droped this guitar a lot and there is a couple of small dents but nothing too noticable and it was my fault and not the guitars. The finish of the body is very tough no matter how many times I drop it the paint will not come off.

When I first got the guitar it was set up almost perfectly I just had to tune it up, the action was still slightly high for me but it is very easy to change that. The bridge pick up was a little high but very easy to change it. The bridge was very stable and was routed well. There was only on problem with the set up, the volume control was loose and kept on falling off but it was soved by just super gluing it back on and I havn't had a prolem with it since.

This guitar was made in 2007 in Japan, all Japanese made guitars are of a good quality. It has 24 frets, a thin shaped neck and jumbo frets which are all good for me because I play mostly metal which requires lots of speed and the neck is perfect for that. The fret board is made out of rosewood which looks really nice with the glossy black finish of the body how ever I would of prefered a transparent fiish. It is a bolt on neck; I would of prefered a neck through but they are much more expensive. The body is made of alder with a carved top and flame maple veneer which gives me reanablly good tone. The body is sort of a 'super Strat' shape with nice contours and it fits nicly to the shape of my body. The guitar has a tune-o-matic bridge which I like because it's really quick and easy to chage the strings and the action. The guitar came with the EMG 81/85 active pick up set which is used by many great metal legends like Zakk Wylde, Kerry King and many many others. The black pick up covers also looks great with the black gloss finish of the body. This guitar has a 3 way pick up selector which is fine for me, it also has a master volume and master tone which are fine, however I would of liked a pick up tap function. It had sealed die-cast tuners which seem to work well and it also has a graphite nut which also works well.

The JesterHead
    I'm also going for this baby, I used to think it was more expensive but seeing the prices - I was relieved... I used to aim for the DK2T, but seeing the price is barely higher - I'm going for this one. Not sure whether to take the transparent red or transparent black model though ^_^
    ksmash5
    Which are better the Hz's or the 85 n 81's? I was told that the Hz's were the cheaper of the two.
    The JesterHead
    metalonastrat wrote: does any jackson guitar come with 81&85s?
    This very model since 2006. This is a review of the discontinued old version with EMG-HZs, every DKMGT since 2006 has 81s and 85s, and only 2 knobs instead of 3.