DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

I mainly play heavy metal music (Metallica, Slipknot, Alter Bridge, Kamelot, All That Remains), as you can see I play pretty much any kind of heavy metal. This guitar is a Jackson, therefore pretty much made for metal. However, it performs quite well on other genres. If I turn the volume pot down by 8/10th, I can get a pretty nice AC/DC sound. I play this guitar through a Roland Cube 30X. It's not the best amp in combination with my pickups, yet I still get a better sound then any of my mates. With the right settings I can get an extremely raw sound, but I can also get really nice acoustics. If I set everything up right, I can get a tone which is very, very much like Welcome Home (Sanitarium). This guitar really can get you any sound you want. Since it has a TOM bridge you can downtune it, anf with the pickups you can get very nice CoB/Slipknot/Machinehead sounds. It is not noisy.. it will only make noise when you are a bad player ;)

This is a very good heavy metal guitar. I have absolutely no regrets buying this axe. If it were stolen I'd probably get a Jackson Soloist, which is basically the same guitar but with a neck through construction instead of the DKMGT's Bolt on. I love how this guitar can basically do anything, and I also really love the fast neck. The inlays are nice as well. I compared it to many other guitars such as the Ibanez Iceman, a Gibson Flying V, and an ESP, but none of 'em felt right. This guitar did, and I can recommend it to anyone.

This thing is built like a tank. It feels like a very solid construction. I've had other guitars in my hands, and they all felt less solid... Jackson builts very solid guitars. I did ruin the strap lock though. I screwed it too tightly, since it came a little loose. Fixed it with some toothpicks and wood glue, and now it won't nudge :) The overal quality of the guitar seems like it can withstand all the abuse that comes with live playing. "Never gig without a backup" is the golden rule of course, but you really can depend on this baby. Just make sure your battery doesn't run out ;)

The guitar arrived in it's case. As soon as I opened it I plugged it in, and all I had to do was retune the low E (it had gone a bit flat) and then it was good to go. Immediately played like a dream. The guitar contained no flaws upon arriving. Everything was how I expected it to be. The action is lovely on this thing, it is extremely low, I do get small amount of fretbuzz with the low E but you don't hear any of that through the amp. Plays like a dream!

This guitar is a very fine axe. This is the DKMGT Dinky though, not the DKMGT. The difference is that I have no boost knob on it. The guitar was made in Japan. It's size is slighty smaller than a normal Strat (7/8th of normal size). The scale length is 25.5". The body is made from alder and it has a rosewood fingerboard. It also has 24 jumbo frets. It's got EMG pickups, 81 on the bridge, 85 on the neck position. Tune-o-matic bridge with a string-thru design. It has Jackson die cast sealed tuners. My guitar has a black finish and black hardware. Add some piranha tooth inlays and you've really got yourself a nice guitar for heavy metal, and pretty much anything else as well. I rate this a 9 since it's quite basic, but all parts of very high quality. It came with a very useful Jackson case.