DKMGT review by Jackson

Jackson: DKMGT

Purchased from: eBay

Made in Japan with an Archtop alder body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, EMG 81 (bridge) and 85 (neck) humbucking pickups, adjustable string-through-body bridge and black hardware. Also has a Reverse Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed Headstock, Compound (14" to 16") Fingerboard Radius, MOTO Piranha Tooth Position Inlays, Ivoroid Binding on Neck and Headstock Strings-Through-Body with Tune-o-matic Bridge. In easy terms its one beast of an axe.

The sound on this thing is so fantastic it brings as mile to my face every time I plug it in. As you'd expect from a Japanese made Jackson its fitted with the legendary EMG 81 and 85 pick ups. As you know these are very versatile and cover a lot of genres with ease. I especially play punk, classic rock and metal. The pups bite with a vengeance on the DKMGT especially being EMG made and active you won't be disappointed in the tones. Guaranteed! It's important to get a good amp to compliment ant guitar but especially this, it deserves the best or at least close to.

No flaws at all when I received it. I bought in second hand for £500 off eBay which contained a Jackson hardcase and outer cardboard bloodline shipper. It was/is still in mint condition. A bargain in my eyes I'd pay much higher in hindsight. The finish is a trans black with a silky smooth neck and a glossy finish which just looks incredible and complements the guitar perfectly. The DKMGT is a hard tail as opposed to the Floyd rose version. This is my personal preference as I like to switch tones regularly to play heavy metal to punk etc without all the faffing about. The String Through Body with Tune-o-matic Bridge gives a great balance and keeps the guitar in tune fantastically.

With no experience playing live as I use for home use I can honestly say you wouldn't have any problems gigging with this beast. All the hardware is solid and very well made, which you expect from Japanese made guitars. Its not to heavy on your back without any compromisation of sustain. In short you will look and sound fantastic on stage. It's totally dependable IMO. The finish will last no problems and you'll be taking it everywhere with you. A hardcase is of course the best way to look after any guitar so make sure you grab one at some point.

My overall impressions are that I was blown away. The look, feel and overall presentation of the DKMGT scream quality. I own an ESP KH2 (Kirk Hammett) and this is on par in every single way! I play mainly metal and punk and it fits my style perfectly! However I do play some police and the clean tones are excellent for that too. I really can't fault it, I've owned many guitars over the years which come and go but this one will be a keeper for as long as my hands still move lol. In summary buy thus beast if you get the chance it's a dream!