DX10D Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DX10D Dinky

Purchased from: a friend

My music style includes a lot of fingerpicking and classical guitar, as well as funk, rock, and reggae. This guitar surprised me in its sound. I expected a heavymetal sound and feel but it handles pretty much any style I play with class. The sound is much warmer and richer than I expected. It has a very full sound in the clean channel and sounds bright when you Switch to pickup position if that is your preference. It also sounds great when I play punk and heavy metal on it and it really shreds when you need it to. I play it on my valve Marshall JCM2000 DSL201 and I couldn't expect a better sound from another guitar than the Jackson delivers. It sounds great distorted but I think it really shines in clean. When I fingerpick a classical song it gives me a rich tone that surpasses that of my Epiphone Les Paul. When I plug into my Dunlap Crybaby wah wah pedal, it sounds amazing wether its a funky shaft or if im just rockin out. I was originaly going to buy either a Fender Telecaster or a Parker Fly but I think the Jackson is definitely good enough and more than just a substitute.

Overall this guitar is amazing and worth every penny. It is very suitable for any style of music. I have been playing for almost 7 years and have done a number or live performances with 3 different groups. I have tried plenty of guitars and the Jackson is among the best. My current guitars: Jackson DX10D Dinky, Epiphone Les Paul, Martin DCXE Black (acoustic/electric), Takamine G240 (acoustic). Amp: Marshal JCM2000 DSL201 (12" combo, tube). Effects: Dunlap original Crybaby wah pedal.

I have played this guitar live with my band twice so far and it definitely withsands. The hardware is very high quality and definitely more than durable enough to last for years to come. The paint is thick and good quality. The strap buttons are solid and wide and hold my strap in place very well. It is also very dependable, as it stays in tune for the longest time due to its Floyd Rose temolo. I played both shows without having to retune and I do trust it enough not to carry a backup guitar.

The action is amazing, as I said above. It is super easy to play and very quick. The quality is astounding and flawless and I really couldn't expect any better. The paint is very good quality and really resistant to minor bumps and scratches.

I wasn't planning on buying a Jackson guitar until one of my friends asked me if I wanted to buy his black Jackson DX10D Dinky. It is a great looking guitar and when he offered to sell it for $200 I knew that it was a steal so I took it home. It is feature packed with a Floyd Rose tremolo and whammy bar. The alder body is very ergonomic and comfortable. It is very playable and the bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fretboard is very easy and quick to play anything on. There are 24 jumbo frets. The hardware is chrome and very high quality. The tuners are die cast and of course the tremolo is a solidly-built original Floyd Rose. The controls include a master volume and tone knob, as well as a 3-way pickup Switch. The pickups are two fantastic Duncan Designed humbuckers. Some of my favourite aesthetic features of the guitar are the reverse headstock and the reverse sharkfin position inlays. These add a very unique and aggressive style.