DX10D Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DX10D Dinky

I play mostly acoustic, and this is my first nice electric that I've owned, so I'm kind of gettin used to the electric guitar thing. I love heavy metal and I know that jacksons are a staple of metal music. It fits perfectly. I play through a Behringer V-amp and I mostly just crank up the gain. The guitar has a good variety between the neck and bridge pickups to play around with, and the firestorm overdrive of course is amazing. If you've ever played a floyd rose, then u know that it is one of the best tremelos out there. This guitar can play metal like a champ, but u can also hit it up with some classic too, make it sound great coming through a british amp.

Overall, I think its one of the best guitars out there. I got it for so cheap because the guitar store was going out of business, they list around 600 bucks, so I was pretty excited about finding this. I plan on holding onto the guitar for a while. Jackson makes a great guitar, and I think that anyone should at least have one Jackson, because we all have that little bit of metal in our bones just beggin to be released.

I've only had the guitar for a little over the month, but I dropped it just two days ago and it didn't even go out of tune. The tuners are solid, the neck is solid, the body is solid, its wonderful.

I can not complain at all about the factory set up! It's close to flawless, with minimal buzzing. The finish is beautiful, with the flame maple. I wish that there was a D-tuner on it, that'd make it easier to drop to D, (with the locking tuners). Other than that, I couldn't ask for much more out of this guitar.

This Jackson is loaded! The neck is bolted on maple, the body is alder with a flamed maple top and transparent red finish. The head stock is classic Jackson, except its reversed, and the sharkfin inlay is also reversed. There are 24 jumbo frets, 2 Duncan designed HB-103 pickups, and to top it off the floyd rose tremelo system. This guitar's set up is amazing. Also, this is the firestorm edition, which has a gain overdrive Switch that turns even the cleanest amp into grunge metal.