DX10D Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DX10D Dinky

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

My style is mainly metal so it's usually set on the bridge pu and distorted. Sounds as good as any other Super Strat really and the Duncan Designed pickups perform well. The neck pickup is warm and faily good for clean rhythms.

As I play in a thrash and metal band the guitar suits me well and sounds just right. I also play in different bands hence owning Epi LP, Dean Evo and a Gibson 355. I probably wouldn't get another if it was stolen (probably go for a Dean ML).

I've played this guitar numerous times live and it has performed well (especially as the FR means tuning will stay true). However when I need different tunings I tend to swap for my old guitar (Dean Evo). Strap buttons and finish good.

The factory set up was good until I tinkered around with it! If you're not used to FR trem system, setting up can take a while. Changing string guages is an annoying task and best avoided. The action I have now reset is awesome but the intonation is a little out past the 12th fret. The finish is awesome with no flaws. Controls look fine and have caused no probs.

Super Strat style from the far east, bolt on neck, quilted top, licenced floyd rose trem, two humbuckers, mine includes SD firestorm pre-amp.

Skunk_Whisperer
    Its a pretty nice guitar. People covered about everything in the reviews. The pickups aren't too bad. This guitar had some problems when I played rhythm down low, but I changed the strings and setup and it was good. Changing the string gauge isn't hard. Ive never even touched a floyd rose before, and I changed from 9's to 10's and I was back playing my guitar in about a half an hour. I don't really care for the sound that the neck pickup puts out though. I also played an expensive soloist before I bought this. It doesn't play the same, but I think it feels as good as higher end dinky's.
    Canfudil666
    I have this guitar and is very good, the pickups are very good, but the licensed floyd rose of this guitar is bad when you using it a little hard, you have to use it very soft to stay in tune but men you an play very fast in this guitar, I love the neck.
    Dinkman
    Charming|Serb
    can the floyd rose go both ways? ie. up and down
    Yes. It's main function is to provide two-way tremolo action.
    jackson guitars
    I have a Jackson DX6, i want to post a review but there is no f*** catagory. damit ultimate guitar
    jackson guitars
    Dinkman wrote: New Dinky -- bought last night --I can't get it to stay in tune for 1 minuite. I'm a beginner-- player seemed like a good Idea to buy this one but as soon as I tune 6 stings another is way off. I didn't get any instructions on the trem -- any advice??
    Its in the trem. Learn how ot use, or you might mess something up. You need block the trem so it isn't floating. Look up a lesson on youtube on how the tune properly
    Hanger 17
    You have to do the top string, then the second, then the top, then second, then third, then top ect
    Skunk_Whisperer
    Also, the Floyd Rose on this thing goes out of tune easy, and I don't like the feel of the fingerboard. 7.8.