DX10D Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DX10D Dinky

Purchased from: eBay

I play metal, and this guitar was ok. It sounded ok through my old 10 watt Crate. I could get a pretty good RATM sound through the neck pickup, but it didn't sound all that good through my friends Marshall. The pickups were weak. Duncan Designed aren't nearly as good as real Seymour Duncans. It doesn't sound nearly as good as it plays or looks.

For $170, this was a really great deal. I had only been playing for a little over 8 months when I got this, and for the stage I was at, it was good for me. I loved the floyd rose, I just hated that it was only the licensed one. My favorite part about it was the neck. It looked so nice, and it played even better. After I took it to a shop one day, they told me that another shop (the first one I took it to) screwed up my bridge. They offered me to trade it in for 250, and I sold it to them. if this guitar had an OFR and real duncans it would have definitely been worth fixing up, but my time with that guitar was done.

This guitar could definetly withstand Live playing, but be sure to have a backup. If you bend the notes a lot or pull on the whammy too much, the notes went out of tune. The strap buttons are pretty good, they never really gave me any problems. The finish on the wood is great, it looks like it will be there for a while, but the chrome finish on the Floyd will chip.

I don't know how it was set up at the factory since I bought it secondhand. But, after I got it set up at a local shop (with heavy strings), it played real smooth. The neck was very fast. However, the locking nut wasn't very good. For a Floyd Rose, it went out of tune pretty easy. There were also a couple of chips in the chrome, but that could have been from the last guy who owned it.

I'm not exactly sure when it was made, but I'm pretty sure it was in 2005. It was made in Japan out of basswood. Mine had a transparent blue finish with a flame maple top, reverse headstock, a very fast quartersawn maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and reverse shark fin inlays. The neck had 24 jumbo frets for easy playing. 2 duncan designed humbuckers wired to a 3 way selector switch provided a wide range of sounds. And there was a double locking floyd rose licensed tremelo. It basically had everything.

balboala
    im confused..does this dx10d use a basswood body or an alder body?? some of u say alder and some basswood...just like in the jackson webpage..on the main dx10d page its stated basswood...when i click on the specs button its stated alder...which is which??