DX10DFS Dinky Firestorm review by Jackson

Jackson: DX10DFS Dinky Firestorm

Purchased from: Music Corner

I play some classic and heavy metal (Black Sabbath to Judas Priest Painkiller stuff) and it was made for it, the gain boost gives heavy distortion at a flick of a Switch but can be altered with the control knob. I'm only using a 10 watt Fender practise amp but it still sounds awesome, I've plugged into a 100watt Peavey tube amp and it sounded insane for stock everything. It is actually suprisingly quite especially coming from my Squier. I haven't really played a huge amount of different styles on it but metal sounds great and the cleans arent too bad on the neck pickup.

Like I said I play classic sorta metal which it is perfectly suited to but this could handle harder stuff like inflames etc. confidently I belive. I've been playin for just over 3 years and the only other guitar I have is a squire Bullet Strat and this is 1000 times better. The only thing I wish I had of asked is how restring a floyd rose. If it were stolen or lost I may not buy this model again but maybe even upgrade to a better Dinky or solist model, I will definately buy another Jackson though. I love the look and I love the feel of this guitar. There is nothing that I hate about it however one of the Ibanez style heels could be convinient I suppose, my favourite feature would have to be the Seymour Duncan Firestorm gain boost, along with the reversed headstock and inlays that provide a unique look. I also played some RG3XX models from the 2005 line-up and I just didn't feel as comfortable on their necks which is why I went for the Jackson. The only thing I could wish it had was black hardware, then it would be the ultimate guitar for me.

I haven't played live yet but I'm 100% confident the guitar would survive anything short of smashing it into the ground and lighting it up with lighter fuel, the hardware is solid as a rock and the trem is absolutely fine although it possibly could get worse over time with heavy use. Even though I doubt I would need to I would gig with a backup because it would take quite a while to restring the floyd if a string went. Finish looks great and should for a long time to come.

Action was high when I got it but I'm used to it and it was good, the bridge pickup was perfect but I plan on raising the neck pickup to increase the volume. The bridge was routed beautifully and their were no flaws anywhere.

It's either a 2005 model Japanese made Jackson Dinky, it has an alder solid body and has 24 jumbo frets on a 25 1/2 inch scale ebony fretboard. It's a Strat shape and I got a solid black finish, it has a licensed JT580 LP model floyd rose, has passive electronics, but a built in gain boost. Has one volume, one tone, and one gain level knob and a 3-way selector Switch. It has two Duncan designed humbuckers. It also has a reverse headstock and reverse sharkfin inlays.

KingOfTheKill
    ive got this guitar in a bluey greeny colour and its amazing, shreds so nicely and from ur master of puppets to your nothing else matters it sounds wiked, but i only got a 20 watt amp and havent tryed it on a larger one since i brought it in the shop but im sure it would sound amazing on a 100 watt beast.
    Doug I.101
    i was thimking of getting this guitar but am having 2nd thoughts now I am considering an acoustic is it worth the price and giving up another style of music and possibilities that come with an acoustic
    dio_dude
    doug, get a jackson u twit! They shit all over acoustics, xcept if u play classical and other stuff like that