DX6 review by Jackson

Jackson: DX6

It suits my stlye great. I like to play rock style music and it is perfect. Sounds great for soloing, great for pwoer chords. It is silent when plugged in, no buzzing or anything. Never screches or gives off wierd sounds, very consistent and reliable. I play it through a DigiTech RP250 into a Peavey 212 Transtube effect amp. I can get any sound I want out of this guitar, never having to change, execpt to use a alternet tuned guitar. Not made for heavy metal playing, better for rock and soloing. With Duncan pickups any guitar will sound good.

I play alternative rock mostly. Matches up to it excelent. I have been playing for three years. I own a Ibanez RG470, Vantage VKS-11/DBS guitar, Peavey Rage 158 amp, Marshal G10 MK II, Peavey 212 transtube effect amp, DigiTech RP250 modeling precessor, and a Sears distortion pedal DEQ2.

This guitar can with stand Live playing with help from good amps and effects. When playing really loud it can loose tone but that could also just be an amp problem. Sounds great through the clean chanel on any amp. You get kinda of a accustic sound, but once you turn up the distortion you get a great rock/metal sound.

I bought it used in perfect working order, I have never had a problem with it. I believe this guitar was made in 2002-2004 era and has never had problems. No scratches or dints. Only thing not perfect is the volume and tone control nobs fall off. Everything made a fitted to last. I wouldn't trade this guitar for anything, but maybe a Les Paul. As good as guitar that this is, it is only a midle of the road guitar. You could up grade, but you would pay twice as much or more.

Guitar was made in USA. Has 22 frets, with a thin fast neck. Bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, with a poplar body. Black with chrome hard where. Strat shape with string through and Tune-O-Matic style bridge. Two Duncan Designed 103 pickups, both are passive. 3-way selector, with volume and tone control.

darklord6667
    hey i just got a vantage vks-11/dbs but i can find anything about it by that model number on the internet. i was hopee maybe you knew something about like the year it was made and where it came from or maybe knew where i could find that out. anything would be helpfull thanx you can email me as well darklord666@live.ca