DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Music123.com

My music style is anything from ozzy osbourne to marvin gay. This guitar stuits all very good. I play it through a Fender frontman 90 with an electro-harmonics hot tubes tube amp simulator stomp-box. It has a very smooth, creamy, heavy, perfect sound. It has a soung somewhere between bright and rich. It can make any sounds of effects you can hook up to it. I like the two EMG-HZ pickups but i think a single coil or something else in the neck position. The EMG in the bridge sounds great when played with ernie ball pure nickel wrap 10-46's.

I mainly purchased this guitar because of price and pickups, but I was impressed with it very much. I have veen playing for about 2 yrs and ive had a Washburn old piece of crap guitar and an Epiphone SG, but I think I like this guitar alot. I would certainly buy it again if it were stolen. If something major happened like the tremolo busted out of the body while it was just sitting there, I would not buy it again, but overall this guiar is awesome. But the floyd rose was a big pain in the ass, but with a little bit of patients, you will master it in no time. If your a beginer or a intermediate player, I would suggest getting this guitar NOW. Overall a great guitar.

This guitar has been very reliable, I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup, the finish is increadable, it hasn't chipped or got thin in any spots, and i've had it about a year now. The strap buttons had to be re-tightened 2 times, but even before that the buttons are huge and it had never fallen. I switched to DiMarzio strap-locks about 4 months ago. The hardware is solid, no ploblems, except I had to fix the toggle Switch about a month after I had it, it had a loose wire. Other than that, I was impressed.

The action was set up perfectly, as well as the rest of the guitar. I raised the action a little bit, because I have a heavy hand. I found the floyd rose a pain in the ass to setup when you've never had one, but once you learn the fundamentals its all smooth-sailing from there. I had to adjust the bridge pickup up a little bit to get the more full, biting tone that I wanted. It had no setup problems, I had to tighten the strap buttons little bit and tighten the tention on the tremolo springs, but other than that, Great.

This guitar was made in Japan, in 2002, about 3 weeks ago. It has 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has a carved alder body, dinky style(similar to Fender but more jagged, less curves). It has a satin black finish with black chrome hardware and mother-of-pearl shark-fin inlays on the neck. It has 1 volume and 1 tone control with a 3-way pickup selector. Its set up in a H/H configureation. Bridge style is Floyd Rose double-locking floating tremolo. Simple but excellent.