DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Wagoner Music (Plymouth IN)

Suits my music style perfect, I mainly play old Metallica, Megadeth, Death, Iced Earth crazy metal. The EMGS are passives (personally I'd like to replace them with actives, when I have the money). I'm using it with my Tech 21 Trademark 10 (going to replace that soon too), and I can get tons of great metal sounds out of it. From a tinny trebally tone, to a real bassy rhythm sound. Some say it doesn't sound that good clean, nut mine sounds great clean through my 1959 Gibson 6 amp but then again through that anything does, but overall it sounds very good. Only problem is the electronics are kinda staticy when you turn the volume or tone knobs, but this doesn't affect playing.

Very good guitar for the money, if mine broke I'd buy a brand new one. Or move up a model to the DKMG. I'm just slightly unhappy about some of the work I had to do to it.

The only problem I had with it was the person who had it before me installed a block on the FR not a problem I would've done it too, the problem was that the height screws holding the bridge onto the body were srtipped and coming out, and some epoxying stays in just fine.

I got mine used, so theres some scratches, and one good sized dent on the edge of the body near the jack. But again I got it used and from what I've heard it comes great from the factory. I put GHS Boomers on it (10s), and I have a little bit of buzzing on the bottom string, although I pick pretty lightly this doesn't bother me.

Great features for a guitar this cheap. I believe its Japanese made, but I'm not sure (mine was made before the Fender buyout of Jackson). 24 fret rosewood neck with sharkfin mother of pearl inlays. Body is a flat top soloist style (just a little diff than a Strat). Reverse headstock, etc. It came with a FR II (licsenced of course, but I really can't tell nay difference, it works just as good). For some reason my DXMG has a 5 way Switch but only has 3 pickups, I'm thinking that the 3 way pot was damaged and replaced.