DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: zZounds.com

I wanted a guitar that would allow me to play like my hero's (the Black Dahlia Murder, and As I Lay Dying). I believe I got exactly what I wanted, it lets me have the ability to play very fast wherever on the fret board, including down on the bottom near 20 through 24. This guitar sounds so heavy, yet so peaceful when not on destortion. I currently use this guitar on 2 very bad amps (15 watt Ibanez/Silvertone) with no effects, even then when I got it I could notice very heavy sounds with these EMG HZ humbuckers. The sounds that are available to play are incredable, nice for solo's and leading and I guess if your not the greatest player good for backup guitaring as well. Also I've played this guitar on a Marshal MG half stack, and it sounded just like it was live or in a recording room. I say excellent becuase this guitar was built to play and it plays very sexy, if its recording, live, or just messin arround in your house its the sound you want.

I play a fast paced metal, 2-step, and hardcore and it is a guitar that consistantly gets the job done. I have been playing everyday for the last couple of years, so I have a pretty good idea of what is capable on a guitar. The gear I have is not so great, but I have played on friends half stacks, and pedals with all the effects, and the guitar sounds nice on them all. if it were stolen you would see my ass in prison because I had killed the guy who took it. Without a doubt in my mind I would by this guitar again, because its everything I want and affordable, but if I had the money I might think about buying a Jackson soloist. My favorite feature is that Jackson makes these shark fin inlays that are just kick ass, and not only that but it also has a reverse head, so much style on one guitar, definatly an eye catcher. The one thing I hate about this guitar is that gun metal gray is not the coolest of colors, and black shows every scratch on it. I did compare this to other brands, and Jackson prevails in almost every aspect of playability, style, sound and features. Excellent becuase Jackson makes a hell of a guitar, and if it's the Kelly or the Dinky it's going to be the best in its class.

This is the most reliable guitar out there, not because its a badass Dinky, but its made by Jackson, they have been arround forever and they know what there doing. This guitar is very much capable of playing live, I have no worrys of failure. The hardware does seem like it will last, people who say there bolts were stripped and what not that s--t doesn't happen on its own, if you know what your doing and take care of it all is good forever. I excellent due to the first time I picked it up, it was very sturdy, like you could tell it was built solid.

When I recieved this guitar everything was all as Jackson told me it would be, but there was one flaw, on the volume Switch there was a scratch- deep enough that you could see the metal. and occationally I play and it loses all sound, but nothing a trip back to zZounds cant fix. I say good because Although when I did notice this to happen I was very pissed off becuase it was brand new and already messed up, but s--t happens and they sent me a brand new guitar.

64th note chords alder body, 24-jumbo frets, Jackson Shark fin inlays, a reverse head, a double locking tremelo, and EMG HZ humbuckers, Volume and tone controls w/3-way Switch, whammy bar. Available in gun metal gray and black. With all the specs this is all still average only because there is nothing on this guitar that any other guitar/ brand cant sell you. In exception to the fin inlays and reverse head they add tremendous style.