DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: used music store

This guitar is perfect for playing metal, or actually any type of rock, and even some blues. I use a 75 watt Line 6, set to insane mode (really metal), and just thrash forever. I play many other genres of music (rock, blues, punk, everything) and it performs perfectly for those as well.

Overall this is the best guitar you will ever get for 400 or 500 bucks. The pickups are fantastic, and this is just a really fun guitar to play. I recommend it for metal, but it would work for anything. The tremolo is absolutely fantastic, and I would say this guitar has better sound than my friends Gibson SG ($700). When buying this guitar I thought it had EMG 81s as advertised in AMS, but when I saw it didnt I bought it anyway; I had played it in the store and loved it.

Everything seems lasting, except for the volume knob seems like it would easily come off but I would still trust it during a show.

The action was perfect, everything was perfect actually, right out of the store, I didnt need to adjust anything. The neck is straight, there is one small blemish but thats because I bought it used(nothign for you to think about) other than that the guitar looks beautiful). Really shiny.

This is a fantastic japanese made 2005 model Jackson DXMG. It has 24 frets, has a thin, very fast neck, maple neck, black quilted top. It looks like a Dinky (Strat), and has a great licensed floyd rose tremolo. Volume and tone knobs, 3-way pickup selector. The pickups are amazing emg hz h4s, the sustain is perfect, I never get feedback, and pinches sound perfect. As with most floyd rose guitars, there are locks before the head to prevent the guitar from going out of tune. I absolutely love this feature, and to tune it you just have to unlock it with an allen wrench (very easy).