DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sound is great. The HZ take most of the feedback but I play on a Fender Frontman 15R with a DigiTech RP50 which give a Dimebag Darrel sound. The sound is rich when playing rhythm but when you start to solo or get high on the neck then the sound gets dull.

Overall this guitar is ok. I love the sound of this guitar but its not durible enough for me. If this guitar was stolen or lost I probably would not buy this guitar. I think there more guitars that are better built than this. For price Ipaid I think it was a good buy.

This Guitar is some durability but I had this guitar for less than a year and nothing should be coming off. I dont know how long it will last. The straps are solid which is a plus. If I where at gig I would not go without a backup guitar. 1. This guitar probably wouldnt last and 2. Thats just plain stupidity not bringing a back up guitar.

When I bought it, everything they had set the standard was nice. Pickups were well adjusted. 1 of the biggest flaws for me is the finish. Once you touch it, it is so hard to get your prints off. It smuges so baddly. Also the knobs for the volume and tone have fallen off but there is a screw to tighten them. The knobs fall off bout every 2 weeks for me.

This Jackson is made in Japan. It has an alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, jumbo frets, EMG-HZ pickups, volume and tone knobs, 5-way switching. This guitar only comes in black. Bridge is a floyd rose which is really nice, good for music like Joe Satriani. Nothing extra came with it except the whammy bar, eveything thing was seprate.

Metuhl
    errhhmm...i got a few questions about this guitar..I'm probably going to buy this one. But i need the answers of these questions ;p - When you read the specs on jackson.com, you see tha t this guitar got 2 the same humbuckers..is it true that they are identic? - the person rated this guitar a 5.6, are you sure you are talking about the Jackson DXMG? i looks like you are talking about the old Jackson KE3. - I'm not sure...but are the humbuckers active ? ~~~ Metuhl ~~~~