DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

It suits my classic metal to nu-metal style perfectly. I'm using a 1961 no name solid state amplifier. I also use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. the EMGs tend to get too sharp when I have the treble all the way up on the MT-2. So I just turn the tone knob on the guitar about 2/3rds of a full turn, and it fixes that without sacrificing the highs. This guitar can produce any sound you want. I guarantee it!

Great for anything. It just seems to be able to do anyting I want it to. I've been playing for a year and nothing beats a Jackson. Not even Gibson (excluding the Explorer) or Fender. I don't like Fender anyways. An Epiphone Les Paul is good, but it's harder to reach the higher frets, plus it comes with 22, I like 24 only.

Yes, this guitar will withstand Live plaing. The hardware will last forever. The strap buttons have given me no trouble. I have a slight mark in the lamination. You should never go on stage without a backup. No matter how good the guitar is. I have played this guitar up to 2 and a half hours straight. I believe that it can take the punishment.

The action was great. The pickups needed to be raised a bit. Everthing was done right. I did have a loose volume knob. But these particular knobs have a screw in the side so that an eyglass flat-head screwdriver will tighten it. The finish I have is beautiful, as with any other Jackson finish.