DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Craigslist

This guitar is made for metal! I play metal and the emg's work perfectly for metal that give you great crunch and sustain. I play it through a Marshall MG series amp with the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. The good thing about the EMG pickups is that they are quiet and do not get a lot of noise, but are not silent completely. On clean, the middle and neck positions give you a very thick and bassy sound. Because of the floyd rose, you can get dimebag squeals (best on g-string), Slayer sounds, and deep dives.

If you play metal, it is a perfect match. I have been playing guitar for a year, (I am now 13) but people have approached me at guitar center asking me if my parents started me off when I was really little (I can sweep and tap and play all of bark at the moon and much more). They're amawed when I tell them no. If it were lost or stolen, I might not get it again and get something even nicer because by the time I lose it I will probably have more money. I compared it to the DKMG, and it is just as good, just with slightly different pickups and is cheaper. All in all, a great buy.

This guitar is very durable, and will last a long time. If I do a gig with it, I will bring a backup because it is a floyd rose guitar, and if you break a string on it, it is a hassle to re-string (but that has nothing to do with the quality of the guitar). The finish does seem like it might have problems, but I haven't had any. If you do, just put stickers of your favorite bands on it, it is a good guitar for that.

Since this guitar was not Brand New, I do not no if the owner ajusted it in anyway, but I did, and with the action adjusters it is really easy to get little or no buzz what'sover. Because it's a Jackson, naturally it has great action. I had to adjust the pickup height a little, but it was extreemly easy. The neck is really fast, and great for soloing. Out of my two guitars, I use this one for doing my sweeps and tapping. It feels really good with light gages, I use Ernie Ball super-slinkies, which are really good for this guitar. No flaws, except for one thing (I don't even no if this is a flaw) the finish is thin and you can easily see the grain of the wood.

Since I bought it used, I do not know what year or where it was made, but in reality, that doesn't matter. It has 24 jumbo frets on a flat/thin rock maple neck with a rosewood fretboard that is bolt on. The body on the one I have is alder with a maple top, but the one now has a basswood body. The bridge is a liscensed double-locking "low-profile" floyd rose tremolo with a detachable bar. Tuners are non-locking stock (Jackson) tuners. It doesn't come with anything. The pickups are passive EMG's. 3-way selector, 2 humbuckers, 1 volume nob, 1 tone nob.

|\puto_rodas/|
    Cant wait to have this goddam guitar... Gotta send my epiphone Special II away!!! Hum, the guy rated 5.6, Damm, or it isnt the same guitar, or else you were having nightmares as you were playin' this guitar xP just kiddin', rock on...
    strungoutuk
    Pretty sure that the guy who gave 5.2 rating is talking about something different coz not only does the dxmg have emg hzs it has a tone knob aswell. I got mine today after reading some of the reviews above (thanks guys) and playing in the shop ofcourse. I am very happy with the emg hz setup, I think that althoughthe 81 and 85s sound awsome they lack distinction, if you know what i mean. like it doesnt sound like your guitar it sounds like every other guitar with emg-81s in the bridge. Thats just what i think at the moment but ive been known to change my mind
    6Slay6tanic6
    I've had this guitar for over a year now, and after fitting some EMG 81/85's in it, its perfect! The shape is completely comfortable, while still appearing sexy. This makes it a great guitar for practicing aswell as on stage. The EMG's have given the guitar with ultimate playabilty the ultimate METAL sound. I LOVE IT
    kamikaze_duck
    i've been playin for around 2 years now, so im getn ma second guitar (this one) for christmas (yay santa) cos a want to try and practice my shredding since a think this wil be a lot better than my epiphone les paul speshl 2. i'l get back to you after i get it. ONLY another twelve weeks. tuesdays a shit day for christmas.... anyway..rock on!!