DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

I was very pleased with the sound I got out of the emg pickups. You can easily get the crunch metal tone like As I Lay Dying and Parkway Drive. Divebombs are a pleasure to execute with the floyed rose tremlo. When you Switch to playing more mellow clean stuff the pickups have a deep mellow tone which sounds great when playing songs like Metallica.

I play metal/hard rock style and it has met to my standards very well so far. I play this guitar through a Fender 100 watt combo amp and I use a DigiTech RP250 processor to get my perfect distortion channel. If I lost this guitar I would be gutted and would deffinatly buy another! I love the reverse head stock which makes this guitar original from any other in it's price range. I recomennd it to anyone who is looking to buy a guitar in this price range!

So far I am very pleased with the reliability & durability of this guitar, but I am yet to play it Live. The only problems I have had with the guitar is that the strap falls of constantly and the volume knob has come very loose but nothing too major.

When I recived the guitar the tremlo was in a right state, and was all over the place. It had just been thrown together in a factory and sent to me in a box and was impossible to tune, but a trip to the local guitar shop to get it set up didn't cause me any harm and now it plays perfectly. The action is perfect now I have set it up properly and it's a pleasure to play.

64th note chords alder body, 24-jumbo frets, Jackson Shark fin inlays, a reverse head, a double locking tremelo, and EMG HZ humbuckers, volume and tone controls w/3-way switch, whammy bar. Available in gun metal gray and black. With all the specs this is all still average only because there is nothing on this guitar that any other guitar brand can't sell you. In exception to the fin inlays and reverse head they add tremendous style

Schmietty
    Ive had it for six months, doesn't disappoint, especially after a slight action upgrade with the trem system. Personally i like it better than the ESP M-400 that my bandmate has, more solid feel, better fretboard. Also, I find myself just staring at it for awhile it looks so good. Not really meant for Blues, or much outside Metal, but im sure with pedals and a blues-ier amp than mine, it could play anything.
    a god
    can someone help me decide between this and the KVX10 King V?
    N1ck0
    If i could find this is a local shop I would buy it in a second!!
    Vindicator
    a question about this guitar guys, on jackson's website, it seems that the DXMG is made with a basswood body, but on the reviews here, it's all made from alder. does this mean that the older models are made from alder, and the newer ones made from basswood?
    |\puto_rodas/|
    a god wrote: can someone help me decide between this and the KVX10 King V?
    |\puto_rodas/|
    |\puto_rodas/| wrote: a god wrote: can someone help me decide between this and the KVX10 King V? well, this one has a FR, the V doesnt, if U want to change the tune more often try V, unless U really want Floyd Rose on it... other than that, the EMG's on this baby are awesome althought theire passive... and Im quite sure the seymour duncans from V are active... it depends on the sound U want too! rock on |m|
    Im sorry, the V does have FR! it only depends on the sound U want!!! I would have to decide by tryin the V, since this DXMG is awesome! like I said, Id decide by the sound U get! ROCK ON HARD |m|
    fenderbender_1
    holy crap where do u people get a DXMG for 700 dollars? I hate Australian prices . you can get these 1000 minimum and the Aussie dollar is nearly worth as much as the us dollar. Every Shop here are cheats Full Stop.
    bpetrucci
    this is my guitar babe. anyway , as you can see this guitar has 24 fret , floyd rose and EMG pickups. So it is awesome. buy it!
    A Bad Guitarist
    This guitar just sounds great. But then again, strap a pair of EMGs on anything and it will sound just about the same. And Fenderbender, if you pay more than 700 for this thing, just move to America. We've got cookies!