DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Price paid: € 500

Purchased from: Local Store

This guitar is great when it cames to sound. It gives you a nice sharp and clear tone, I think because of the combination of EMG-HZ and the alder body. I am using it through a Boss ME-20 and a 60 watts LAB series Norlin amp. It is a very versatile guitar. With distortion you can play from Van Halen to more heavy stuff. The clean sounds are warm and great and the tone knob is very usable. You can definitly play some blues and jazz with the neck pickup. The bridge is more chunky and brilliant.

I bought this guitar after a lot of search in the web and trying a lot of guitars. I came out of the store with this one cause it was in my price range(I tryed the Jackson DK2 but I prefered the DXMG). In the store it fit in me well it was very confortable to play. I play for 3 years and this is my second guitar. But the better way to know if you like is go to a music store near you and try it yourself. You might hate it or love it. I love it and it is my main guitar now.

This guitar is very sturdy and feels very strong. All of the components are high quality and the finish will last. All is very solid I have nothing too complain about. The paint will last, but be be careful it scratches very easy. The metal type of the floyd is very strong and all of the guitar is very strong.

The set-up was very good out of the local store. The action is in the right point, the intonation was good no alterations need. Altough the floyd was not in parallel with the body. I had to unscrew the backplate and adjust the springs. There is something that is curious too: the guitar stays in tune whatever you do. Altough(I dn't know if it's my one only) there is a click-clack noise when you pull the bar all the way down and thn pull it up. But stays in tune. that's what matters.

Jackson DXMG is a great guitar. I own the 2008 version that comes with a improved Floyd Rose, altough is not low-profile. It features two EMG-HZ, black hardware, reverse headstock, alder body, 3-way pickup selector, one tone knob and a volume knob. Doesn't includes any kind of case or gig bag.

FriNiteMascr
    had this guitar for a little over a month and it never disappoints. great action, amazing sound, minimal noise, and the pickups (depending on what kind of strings you use) have AMAZING harmonic capabilities. stays in tune even with maximum abuse, insanely fast neck. just. ugh.
    TriviumGuitar
    A great guitar! But for some reason i am having trouble getting good pinch harmonics out of it. Anyone had same problem?