DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

I play a load of metal, but I also play a lot of light rock and acoustic music. It can fit into any crowd. I just got it for Christmas and I also got a Spider Jam amp which is amazing. On Christmas day I hooked it up and it sounded so beautiful. It is not noisy. I can play it on insane and I don't hear static, but when you want it to, it will pick up slight touches to the strings. I have made an abundance of sounds from dime squeals to amazing pinch harmonics. The DXMG can just about do anything. If by game and non guitar sounds, it can do pac man, I made it sound like a space ships and bombs.

Again, I play a lot of metal, heavy rock, and light rock, but some acoustic. It can play any of it. It sounds beautiful when clean, and will make you cry on distortion(in a good way). I have been playing for almost a year. I taught myself. I almost own a Squire Fender Strat, a Fender 15w Amp, a Cry Baby wahwah, and a Spider Jam 75w Amp. I don't think I needed to ask anything before I bought this. If this guitar was stolen, I would buy it again only if I had the money. I can't just buy $450 things all the time. I love how it has 24 jumbo frets, it has a Floyd Rose, and sounds beautiful. I don't hate anything about it, yet. I haven't tried changing strings. My favorite feature is the bridge/tremolo. I loved how I can go down so low, so smooth, then pull up a few notes. I highly recommend this guitar. You will not regret buying the Jackson DXMG Dinky.

I am pretty sure this guitar will withstand Live playing. Nothing has gone wrong. The hardware seems like it will last an extremely long time after what I put it through. The strap buttons are indeed solid. Yes, I would depend on this guitar to bring to a gig by itself. I would only bring two if I had to Switch tunings between songs.

The action was great; I could play it at ease. The pickups were perfect. I didn't even have to touch them. The guitar had no flaws other than when I first started playing it, the D string kept going out of tune. After about four times retuning it, it stayed in tune.

My DXMG was made in Japan. It has 24 jumbo frets with a maple neck. It's just plain black. The DXMG is a dinky with an unbelievable Floyd Rose. There is one volume knob, one tone knob, and a three-way Switch. The two EMG pickups really give it an awesome sound. one is placed at the neck, and one at the bridge. It has a double locking tremolo so it locks at the nut AND the bridge.

JayKay12
    TriviumGuitar : A great guitar! But for some reason i am having trouble getting good pinch harmonics out of it. Anyone had same problem?
    Check to make sure your gain is up and it's on the bridge pick up.
    sw1ss023
    fenderbender_1 wrote: holy crap where do u people get a DXMG for 700 dollars? I hate Australian prices . you can get these 1000 minimum and the Aussie dollar is nearly worth as much as the us dollar. Every Shop here are cheats Full Stop.
    Hah, i got one for $200. Used, but not a scratch on it.
    adam priest
    adam priest
    adam priest wrote: man after reading all off your reviews ( thanks for the confidence on buying this lol, im gonna test it tomorrow and if i like it buy it, so thanks ppl). just a few questions: 1, Will the emg's sound ok on a line 6 spider 3 120w and give that nice meaty crunch like metallica. 2, also will it sound like crap if i fitted some ernie ball 11-52 on it, cuz i play in drop d please could i ask for some advice
    sorry 10-52 on it
    cdechnik12889
    i have the pink ernie ball maybe 9-42 on mine tuned to standard c and it sounds fine, you just have to know how to set up the Floyd Rose. I also have an rr3 and a wrxt warrior and i would say buy one of those before buying this. The EMG-HZs don't sound all that great, i like the duncan designed detonators on my wrxt alot better. Just because they are emgs doesn't mean they are gonna sound good. Buy it and put an emg 81 in it and you'll be happy.