DXMG review by Jackson

• Reviewer's score: 3.2 Poor
Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: musicground

I play metel, punk and hardcore. This guitar sounds ok for all but wouldn't say it was great. When playing with my band it just can not cut thru and gets drowned out very easily which I would put down tho the HZs, they are just weak! The lack the deep crunch that you would expect from a guitar designed with metal in mind is missing and the highs just tend to mingle into one high pitched blur.

Overall a very cool looking guitar and this is what appealed to me, My advise would be to save another 100 and get the DKMG instead which looks almost the same but plays and feels the way this guitar should (plus active emgs). If you are looking in this price range then I can't recomend the LTD MH-100QM highly enough as its cheaper has a better quallity feel and finnish and the duncan designed pickups actually have more about them than the HZs. Final thought would be... Its a lot of money for a guitar that looks pretty but performs badly.

The finish on this guitar is not good! It chipped very easily and the paint has cracked around where the neck joins. The volume nob loosens itself off the strap buttons are ok but I changed them before I used it for gigging. I have had this guitar for 3 years and it hasn't stood the test of time well, I have a prs Tremonti SE which cost me almost the same and that guitar looks and feels like the day I bought it.

Action from the shop was not good, I had a friend set it up for me and it has been fine since, It is hard to enjoy playing this guitar because of the wide neck! Its just so uncomfortable and makes siple playing become clumbsy. The finish on my guitar is also terrible, if you hold it flat in light you can see stripes in the paintwork! When I first played this guitar I thought it felt pretty well made, untill I compaired it to my friends LTD MH-100QM which was nearly 100 cheaper but the quallity is far far better not to mention the neck being much faster and more comfortable. Another point is that the nobs get in the way when palm muting!

Superstrat style alder body, 24-jumbo frets, Jackson Shark fin inlays, reverse head, a double locking liscenced FL tremelo and EMG HZ pickups Volume and tone controls. Looks great and makes an impression. The trem is a pretty nice one for the price and stays in tune well.

Adam124
    I can't understand how someone can give a proper review on the sound of a guitar when they are playing it through a terrible amp.