DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Used

The Emg's have a really good overall sound that fits my music style well. I do prefer other pickups such as DiMarzio's, but these have a really good sustain and output. I play death metal, thrash, blues and rock. This guitar does fit int the first two categories really well, it ain't really versatile but that is what I have 6 other guitars for. I Have been using it mostly through a Meas Boggie Triple Rectifier, Marshall Valvestate 8100, Randall Rh-300, Peavey Triple X and Randall Kh120. No effects but a occasional Metal Muff by EHX. The guitar screams through them all. Its quiet with rich harmonics, and a rather large sound.

The guitar is perfect for death metal, thrash, grind and blackmetal. The look of it is really simple so no metal genre will feel wierd playing of this guitar. In my 5-6 years of playing I have had over 20 guitars and this one has been one of the best. I prefer this one over my 1000$ Jackson RR5 and many other fancy guitars like ESP Horizon, Les Paul Custom, Various Fenders and Prs guitars and many more. I do not think many beat this guitar at this price. If someone would steal it... then I would probably find it since I live in a pretty small country, on a island to be precise. But if someone would destroy for some reason I would likely get another one. Maybe some other model in the same price range like a Dk2m or something. Nothing to complain about this guitar!

So far, this guitar has been perfect for hard and long band practices and small bar gigs. The floyd stays perfectly in tune, even after long chapters of "slayer wank" during doom parts of some songs. I never gig without a backup, but so far, I have never had to use it with this guitar. I changed the strap buttons for straplocks like I do on every guitar, but quickly after I got it a saw that the lower button was kinda wobbly so I had to move it a bit.

I got it used so I don't know anything about factory settings, but when I got it after 3-4 years of hard use... there was barely a scratch on it. The action was really easy to adjust and I have guitar set up perfectly with low action and a straight neck. The guitar has not had any flaws, yet at least. But since the pickups were changed I can not say anything about the hardware.

I don't know where the guitar was made, probably Korea and most likely in 2006 or 2007. The guitar has a bolt on maple neck, 24 frets, medium sized frets I think, and a very dark rosewood fretboard with Moto Shark fin inlays and a nice binding. It has pitch black finish and a matching headstock, after about 3 or 4 years of use the finish is in a great shape. It's a Jackson Dinky (meaning bolt on neck and Strat shape) with two humbuckers, tone, volume knobs and a 3 way switch. When I got this guitar 4 months ago the passive Emg-Hz had been replaced by Active EMG 81 and 85. I have had two guitars in the past who had EMG Hz and these Real Emg's are just so much better. It has a double locking licensed Floyd Rose and it came with out a bag. These features are all really nice, and I don't think I could ask for anything else in a 390$ guitar. If the original guitar would have had active Emg's then this would be a 10 review.

Snowman388
    if your not the greatest player good for backup guitaring
    K!d_MeTaL
    Snowman388 wrote: if your not the greatest player good for backup guitaring Yes, because rhythm guitar is for shitty players. James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, all very shitty players.
    Pretty dumb statment ma man, but anyway got this guitar and the wires in the back for the jack werent wired correctly. I was pissed and sent that shit back, got my money back, and bought an ESP.