DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

Purchased from: Cousin

I run it through a Crate GLX 212 and a Boss MT-2 and it sounds great. The guitar has a great tone warm but not overpowering and has unbelievable sustain. The stock pickups where nice they could make sweet sounds but they are really leaned towards the bass to me. The guitar can play cleans rather well but it twice as good playing metal or a more aggressive style.

The guitar is best for aggressive styles such as metal punk or even hard rock. It can do clans really well it just looks funny this mean guitar playing sweet Acoustic music. I have been playing for about two years now and I don't have the best gear setup but still this guitar shines through. The stock pups are pretty good there just not my style. If it was stolen I would hunt that person down in a heartbeat. I love the appearance of it and the awesome sounds you can make this beauty belt out. The only bad thing about is the floating bridge limiting the guitar to one tuning although it makes lead even funner to play.

It would be great as long as you set the bridge perfect which is hell and you don't change tunings which is a downside. The only thing wrong with the hardware is the cover on the toggle Switch that can come off quite easily. The strap buttons are solid and could withstand a true show. The finish looks fantastic as long s you clean otherwise you got fingerprints and dust all over, but it doesn't show damage that well. If you plan on switching tunings than you definitely need a backup which is a con of this guitar.

The action is low as it can go and it makes it easier to play fast and do leads. The pickups were set low in to the body which is ok the floating bridge had to be readjusted which is pain. All the hardware is just as black as the finish making the guitar look awesome. The finish tops it off giving it an aggressive look.

I have a 1997 Jackson DXMG that was made in Japan I think not entirely sure. It has 24 jumbo frets the neck is really thin making it easy to play fast. It has a licensed Floyd Rose that is pretty good although to me it goes sharp or flat rather easy but I'm not an expert at them though. It has a three way toggle and only two knobs one for tone the other for volume. It came equipped with EMG HZ which I ended up swapping out with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The finish is beautiful it real shines when cleaned and stands up to damage.

Necrolysis
    Also I've played this guitar on a Marshal MG half stack, and it sounded just like it was live or in a recording room.
    Erm...of course it sounded like you were playing live...you...were....playing....live....ugh...
    Sam Wotrey
    K!d_MeTaL wrote: Snowman388 wrote: if your not the greatest player good for backup guitaring Yes, because rhythm guitar is for shitty players. James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, all very shitty players. Pretty dumb statment ma man, but anyway got this guitar and the wires in the back for the jack werent wired correctly. I was pissed and sent that shit back, got my money back, and bought an ESP.
    Really? You just blamed that problem on the product and instead got a crappy piece of wood with magnets?
    Amuro Jay
    You know, you could have just fixed the wiring. Would have been much less of a headache.
    Andrew2k
    Wow this looks very nice, I might get it as my first Jackson because I have always been more of a Gibson/Ibanez guy!
    whaitschnoik
    I wanted a guitar that would allow me to play like my hero's (the Black Dahlia Murder, and As I Lay Dying).
    whenever I read this, I am close to puke