DXMG review by Jackson

Jackson: DXMG

I play this through a Crate GT212 at home or a Marshall JCM900 when gigging. In quieter moments, I use it with Ampkit as well and it sounds good through all of them. The EMG's have a good amount of punch to them. Great for heavy metal/rock. The bridge pickup has a nice bright sound and is quite sweet with some distortion. The neck pup is a bit vague. It doesn't have the bite of the neck pup and sounds very muddy at times, but overall it is fairly diverse in it's sound.

I have been playing rock/metal for nearly thirty years and I have owned a LOT of guitars in that time. This is a good 'in. It definitely has those rock looks and can shred with the best. I love the look of it and it is definitely punching well above it's weight. When set up properly, it is a good live axe. It is easy to play and pretty hardwearing if you look after it. If it got nicked, I probably would go for a DKMG but not because of anything lacking with this one.

This guitar is pretty well built. It has been gigged many times now with no problems. It's never even broken a string. In fairness, it is not always my first choice for live playing. I generally use my Ibanez Prestige as my first guitar but I would have no worries about using this one. The strap locks are strong and the guitar is well built.

I have had it for about a year now and it is one of twelve guitars in my collection. I have ESP, Ibanez and Hamer, and all three of my Jacksons hold their own against more expensive guitars. When I got it, the action was a touch too high, so I adjusted it and it now shreds with the best of them. The neck is not as fast as Ibanez, but there is a feel to it that makes it a pleasure to play. The hardware is still in good condition and the paint is immaculate. I travel a lot with my band and this guitar has taken some abuse, but always comes home looking just as good as when it left.

I guess you know the score by now. 24 frets, Shark tooth inlays, EMG's etc.

Necrotise
    Also I've played this guitar on a Marshal MG half stack, and it sounded just like it was live or in a recording room.
    This statement could not make less sense. You were playing on your amp in a room and it sounded like you were playing on your amp in a room? Even if this made sense im not sure why it would be anything to do with the guitar.