FSR Shuriken King VTM review by Jackson

Jackson: FSR Shuriken King VTM

CVR humbuckers sound pretty decent through a Carvin V3 with Mesa Boogie cab, but I cant wait to swap em out for Duncan Distortions. The CVR's are just a little too muddy without enough high end for pinch harmonics. It would have been nice if Jackson could have put some Duncan Designed humbuckers in it. My Friends Rhodes has em and I think they are marginally better.

I play heavy, aggressive, melodic music. This guitar is perfect for that. I have been playing for ten years. I also own a Schecter Damien 6, and have owned a Jackson DKMG, along with some other guitars that aren't worth mentioning. This guitar plays just as well as the DKMG R.I.P, and I'm sure will sound amazing pending a pickup swap.

This guitar is solid, and dependable. I havn't had a single problem yet. I would gig this without a backup. The paint job is quality. I installed some strap locks. The floyd is a licensed low profile type, I ay swap it for an origional some day, but fail to see why it would be necessary. I dive the hell out of this thing and it stays in tune.

This guitar was set up great out of the box, but I completely changed it when I went to 12-54 strings. Its hard to believe that this is just a fancy JS32T King V. The inlays are a unique "Shuriken" shape and well done, the neck is bound, the paint job looks like something you would find on a higher end Jackson. This guitar plays beautifully.

- Model Name: FSR Shuriken King VTM with Floyd Rose - Model Number: 294-0104-(005) - Series: JS Series - Body: Indian Cedro - Neck: Bolt-On Maple, Bound - Fingerboard: Rosewood with 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm) - No. of Frets: 24 Jumbo Frets - Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) - Width @ Nut: 1.69" (43 mm) - Hardware: Black - Machine Heads: Die-Cast Tuners - Bridge: Floyd Rose Licensed Jackson Low Profile JT585 LP Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo - Pickguard: None - Bridge Pickup: Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickup - Middle Pickup: N/A - Neck Pickup: Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickup - Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup - Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, - Colors: Bevel - Pinstripe Finish Group: (005) Quicksilver with Black Bevels, (QS) - Strings: NPS - Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042 - Unique Features: MOTO Shuriken Position Inlays, - Compound (12" to 16") Fingerboard Radius, - King V Body Shape, - Floyd Rose Licensed Double Locking Tremolo - Source: India - Accessories: None - WRENCH SIZES: Truss Rod Wrench 3/8" - U.S. MSRP: $599.99 - INTRODUCED: 6/2011 - DISCONTINUED: 10/2011 - DISCONTINUED COLORS: - COMMENTS: Base Model is JS32 King V. FSR for GC in 2011. @ 240 were made

jgar12
    Very nice guitar. I have a JS32 Rhoads with Floyd and its a nice solid guitar. Swap out the pickups though. I put EMG 81/85 and some Sperzel Locking tuners and that guitar is just killer
    HeavyMetalSonic
    The bastard EX shape that ESP makes shouldn't exist.
    Heideck
    For 360$ bucks, that a very nice deal for Metal players. My only concern is that the 23rd and 24rth fret are hard to reach, the fretboard is "too much in" the guitar.
    ItalianTank
    Air_Stryker
    HeavyMetalSonic wrote: ItalianTank wrote: Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Kelly either. I wish Jackson would make an explorer style body more like the one ESP makes. The bastard EX shape that ESP makes shouldn't exist.
    Wow, that was kind of unnecessary. I kind of like the ESP EX series guitars. They're just a bit pointier than your standard Gibson Explorer, what's the problem?
    oldnavygunner
    I own one of these. Never knew much about it until I came to this site. I read it is a pretty good guitar for the money. I'm primarily and drummer and just noodle on guitar but, I love V model axes. Thanks!
    GuitarShedVideo
    This guitar is actually a surprisingly good axe, especially for the price point it sold at. If anyone would like to see and hear more of this guitar for yourself, go to
    for a full demo and review.
    ItalianTank
    Update, sold guitar to get a LTD M-1000. These guitars are not even comparable. After playing the Ltd I realise the King V is maybe a 7.5 to hard 8 max.