JS1 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS1 Dinky

Price paid: € 330

Purchased from: Stollas AE

I play mostly metal. This guitar is good at it, it has a heavy sound but the sustain is not that great. When you play after the 12th fret, you don't get a very define sound(which is natural for a guitar like this) Although, It sounds great when playing at clean tone. Generally, you wouln't expect this sound from such guitar! Also, the pickups are noise-free.

Generraly, the Jackson JS1 Dinky is a great guitar for begginers, but has a couple of annoying flaws. I would reccomend it to everybody Who is begginer or Who can't give much money for a guitar, but wants something good. My favorite feature is the clean sound that this guitar produces but I would buy something similar if it was stolen or lost.

I own this guitar about 2 years and needs a setup. I think that this guitar will last long but will not withstand Live playing, it gets out of tune easily so this guitar is not reliable. The strap buttons are not solid, it has fell a couple times while playing with a strap.

The action is low, was setup well but the knobs were loose so I screwed them a little bit. It is a pretty heavy guitar, it's comfortable, the finish is good but keeps a lot of fingerprints. I did't found any serious flaws on this guitar. Everything seems to work and look right on this guitar.

This Jackson guitar is the cheapest Jackson you can find! It was made in India. It has 22 Jumbo frets, bolt-on maple neck, fingerboard made of Indian Rosewood and body made of Cedro. It features a 2-point Fulcrum Tremolo(which keep the guitar out of tune), Jackson Humbuckers, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 3-way blade selector and Jackson Tunes. It is finished in Gloss Black. The tuners and the brigde detune the guitar easily.

SLCONKL
    IN MY OPINION, THE JS1 IS GREAT. MINE STAYS IN TUNE AND EVERYTHING. OF COURSE I PUT EMG 81/85'S IN IT. BUT A GREAT GUITAR!
    Thrash_Head1990
    demonsqueeky wrote: You could have gotten an esp, which would have been a lot better and a much lower price.
    jackson are way better then esp and better quality to price when i was chossing out guitars it was between a JS1 and esp MH-50 both were at the store picked up the esp on celan it was a little iffy but with any gain it sounds like a dying cat coughing itself to death but then i picked up the jackson. didnt even play it fell in love with neck. tone is good too from now on im playing jackson
    demonsqueeky
    Oosh.
    Is it just me or does everyone rate any guitar like 8? I understand that they love their fresh new plank but y'know.
    GavMan92
    I have been playing guitar for seven years no but this jackson was cheap so i thought why not but it surprises me how good it is easy to play and my perferred low action i would recomend to anybody looking for a good budget guitar for metal music
    SanJose
    Thank God this reviewer wasn't like the other ones that say "This guitar is the best ever!!11!!one!"