JS1 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS1 Dinky

I play mostly metal, classic rock and alternative or punk. It fits the metal style well, but you can pla almost any thing on it. I have a crappy Fender frontman amp and use it with a Boss metal zone distortion pedal. The neck pickup has a good sound and a full tone but on higher notes it still sounds a bit too bright. It sounds realy good clean as well ( on any pickup) but still is too bright past 12th frett. No noise from the pickups unless you put your amp distortion on as well as a distortion pedal. But before I hade a dodgey adaptor plug for my pedal and it made the pickups buzz when you weren't playing but I got that fixed by just getting a better plug. Also it doesn't have much sustain on lower notes. But it is a pretty good sllrounder I think.

I have only been playing guitar for 2 years and maybee a bit. I only have one other guitar and that's my dads old Suzuki Les Paul he gave me, which I like my Jackson beter than because it is easier to play and the Suzuki is about 30 years older than me. My favorit part of it is it's reverse Jackson headstock, it looks so good! When I bought it I was bying my first guitar so I was comparing it to some crappy imitation strats made by brands nobodys heard of and they all cost half the price of the Jackson. But I still bought it because it was the best looking and sounding out of all of them. If it where stolen I would buy it again if It wasn't for the fact than I am looking for another guitar now anyway. But I would track down the guy that stole it and stab him with it's pointy headstock and take my guitar back ( because first guitars have a lot of sentimental value). It is a great guitar all up, and I strongly recomend it to all beginers.

Like I said before, some parts have broken a couple times but that is it for two years of having it. I think everything will last realy long. The strap butons are realy solid and my strap (a CNB one) has never fallen off while I was playing. I would play it in a gig without a backup. The paint takes a good knock to chip ( I would know) so over all it is pretty reliable.

I don't know what it was like when I got it because it was my first elec guitar and I knew nothing about them then, but now I know the action is great. It is perfect for me. Every thing is great not too long after I got it there was a loose conection or somthing so when you plugged in the lead it didn't conect. It got fixed realy easily though. Also a bout a year ago (when I hade owned my guitar for a year) while I was restringing the end of the nut broke thanks to thereverse headstock and the tension it makes with the low e string against the nut. That got fixed in about 3 days or somthing, it was lucky because they already hapened to have the same Jackson nut, they just needed to cut it and stuff. But as I said, the action is perfect and the string tension is just right. You can get a bit of buzz at first with lighter strings, but it seems to go away by itself.

Made in India 22 jumbo fretts rosewood frettboard can't remeber the body or neck wood gloss black Finnish tremolo bridge 1 tone, 1 volume nob 3-way pickup selector 2 Jackson humbuckers non-locking tuners I like all of these features exept the tuners go out pretty quick.