JS20 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS20 Dinky

Purchased from: Archambeault - Musical Instrument Store

This guitar is great for a wide variety of styles. Personally, I play a lot of punk, metal, ska, and rock, and I've always been able to produce a great tone to suit whatever I'm playing. My principle amp is a little Peavey Rage 158 TransTube, and I can get sick amounts of distortion with this combo. In fact, sometimes the guitar can get a little too distorted, to the point of sounding noisy, but for the most bart, I can get a really big, strong, rich tone out of my Jackson. Also on the downside, the pickups tend to hum a little at really high volume/distortion. But overall, excellent sound.

Overall, this is a great guitar. It's gorgeous to look at, a joy to play, and it sounds great. On the downside, it is a bit heavy, but not excessively so. I would definitely buy another if I lost it.

I haven't had any problems as of yet. Everything seems very solid, and I'm sure it would stand up to a live gig. The hardware seems tough and dependable. The strap buttons seem fair enough for stock. The finish is still as bright and glossy as when I bought it. I would definitely use this guitar without a backup. It's a workhorse!

The fit and finish on this guitar was great from the get go. Really nice action, pickups were perfect, everything was great. No flaws that I've found yet. I bought it, brought it home, plugged it in, and it was ready for anything I could throw at it.

My Jackson JS20 Dinky was made in India. It came with 22 jumbo frets and a rosewood fingerboard (12" radius) on a bolt-on maple neck mounted to an Indian Cedro body. My particular guitar came with a flame maple veneer and transparent red finish. It has a Fulcrum tremolo bridge. Chrome volume and tone knobs are present, as is a five-way Switch for the 2 Jackson single coils and Jackson humbucker.