JS22 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS22 Dinky

Purchased from: Online

It suits very well with my style of approach in different genre, I play rock n roll, pop rock, metal. I'm using Line 6 amp & Zoom G3 and sometimes I use Line 6 modeling which is selectable in the amp, the noise is negligible just gotta have the right knowledge i prefer reading manual. It's tone is great, this guitar can make almost all kind of pro sounds in so many variety.

I play heavy metal, rock n roll, hard rock, pop rock, and it is a good match, i been playing for 4 years, I own drum kit, ESP LTD Bass, Casio WK210 etc. If it were stolen i'll probably buy other series of same brand, I love the weight the sound and the tremolo effect, and also 24 frets. All I hate about is the non locking tuners. It is very good for low budged pros. A correct combination of strings which doesn't rust.

This guitar definitely withstand live playing, the hardware seems in great look so far, solid strap buttons. I can depend on it, and I'll use on a gig without a back up. The finish is glossy looking which is very nice, it doesn't wear off with lots of playing.

The guitar is well factory set the action is great. The pickup adjustments are very good, properly book matched top & Routed Bridge. The guitar is flawless wood quality is good, no rusted or oxidized hardware, tuning pegs are durable, cut nut set up is great, adjustable saddle, tone & volume control knobs looks attractive, three way pick up selector.

Made in 2010 India, 22 jumbo frets. The finish is transparent, body style is cutaway. Bridge style string thru body, and passive electronics. Volume, tone & three way pickup switch. Dual Jackson Humbucker on neck and bridge of the guitar. Non-locking tuners and the accessories included are gig bag, string winder & bridge adjusting tool.

torretto75
    I just bought one used at 120$ from guitar center. I have several other guitars including ibanez rg and ex series, a fender mim sss, hm strat and a cort x2. My friend who plays lead in burning Sunday, check them out! Swears by Jackson. So for 120 I bought one. It plays awesome. I have an ibanez tube screamer pedal and I run it through a peavey bandit 75, or even my pa. It holds its own, tHe guitar. It feels good, the neck is super easy to work with. I have a heavy hand so I do over bend a little. I see myself moving this guitar to the front of the line when choosing for local gigs. I play all styles but I did purchase with metal in mind. The only thing left to wonder about is if this guitar plays this well for less than 200.....what do the 1000 dollar models feel like?
    krustyoldklown
    bought not one, but two of these about a month ago-- GC on sale, $200ea +tax -- so my sons and their friends would stop using my gear when they're jamming. Best feature of this guitar is definitely the neck. Feels nice and smooth, very fast; so smooth, in fact, that I'm used to old Fender neck finishes and found myself overbending notes at first. Action was set up nicely, no rough frets or buzzing. Hardware is acceptable, tuners smooth and accurate, and after setting up the tremolo properly, haven't noticed any tuning issues from moderate bar pulls or dips or some chordal vibrato. Not indicated for full-on whammy wildness. As noted by others, the pickups are acceptable but somewhat bright, however usable tones can be obtained for just about any style of music except metal, surprisingly. Yes, even country (you might look a little strange, but you'll sound alright), although a lot of their potential is determined by eq-tweaking on your amp. When stock, we ran it through a Roland Cube60 keyboard amp, a '65 tremolux, Marshall anniversary 50/25watt, a Peavey Vypyr30 modeler, a Rage 158 and an Epi Valve jr. Pretty nice clean tones, including that "chicka-skank" r&b sorta tone and lots of usable distorted tones, although as I said, they don't have the throat for modern metal-- the Vypyr got closest, but either it's a little muddy, or you have to scoop so much it gets thin-- but 80's thrash and hairmetal tones were achieved easily. I imagine a good EQ pedal or some of the darker distortion pedals would probably help the stock pickup tone. Threw in 70 bucks worth of guitarfetish 'buckers in one of 'em, and now its simply an outstanding guitar for the price. It's already played out at the end-of-year school talent show through the Vypyr and my ancient MXR Distortion+ for a lead boost, and it sounded pretty damn good from the back of the auditorium. Bottom line, are they perfect? Well, hell no. They do need a little tweaking... but even bone-stock it's easy to play, and FUN to play, and you'll want to practice and jam even more. This guitar is more than "a beginner's guitar". It's a nice guitar, period.