JS23 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS23 Dinky

Purchased from: Guitar Centers used section

I play Metal/rock/blues/neoclassical music and this guitar is great for all of them. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watt amp with the onboard effects. The stock pups were noisy and didn't sound that great, so I replaced the bridge pup with a Seymour Duncan SH13 Dimebucker, and the neck with a scr1 with a coil split, and took out the middle position pup. This guitar has screaming highs in the bridge position, and a mellower sound in the neck position. With one of the bands I play in I use a very heavy sounding setting Metal=red Bass=7 Mids=3 Treble=10 Gain=100% position and sensitivity, when playing this guitar clean with the pups I have in this it sounds best with the scr1.

This guitar is really well built, the electronics aren't very good in my opinion so I replaced them. This guitar suits all of my music styles very well. If this guitar were stolen I'd probably buy an LTD M-10 to replace it because I prefer that guitar over this one. Over all it is an amazing budget guitar and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a good guitar that can't afford a PRS or ESP.

This guitar can withstand live playing. The hardware is solid, the strap buttons are huge and never had a problem with my strap falling off. I always bring my GSA 20 with me to gigs, but I only use that because it has a different tuning than my Jackson I don't use a backup because I don't need one.

The action was PERFECT! Everything was set up correctly. The only flaw I found was a blemish in the wood near the bridge but that's not that big of a deal. Where the guitar failed my test was the bridge, I hate the bridge! If you use the trem it doesnt't stay in tune the greatest and its just uncomfortable to palmmute with.

- Made in 2005 in India - 3-piece laminated top Indian cedro body - Two piece maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard - Natural finish - Passive electronics, 1 hum. 2 singlecoil - 1 volume, 1 tone, 5way blade switch - Vintage Strat style tremolo bridge - Non-Locking Jackson tuners.

MaggaraMarine
    Metal=red Bass=7 Mids=3 Treble=10 Gain=100%
    Oh man and you are using a Line 6. My ears start to bleed. Seriously, we have a Spider 1 (100 watt 2x12) at our school and it's incredibly bassy. And it hurts my ears when you turn it up and especially if the treble is at full. And 100% gain...
    MaggaraMarine
    I realized that these two reviews are by the same guy. Both reviews say that they have modded this guitar and upgraded the pickups with Dimebucker and SD stacked humbucker. And both play through a Line 6 Spider and both have GSA20 as their backup guitar.