JS30DK Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DK Dinky

Purchased from: ebay

Definately a rock or metal guitar. Sounds pretty rough with my 15W Marshall amp. The sound isn't really perfect if you wanna play distorted leads (not bad at all, just a little bit noisy and dirty). But with some effects it works quite well. The neck pickup can produce quite clean sounds so there's a certain bandwith of sounds this guitar provides.

For this cheap price its a real good rock and metal guitar with a killer sound and a real good playabilty. The only weakness is the floyd rose trem which is difficult to adjust. I play for about one year now and this guitar is really beginner-friendly. More advanced players may choose a DXMG or another "better" Dinky, but it's really worth the money. If it was stolen I'd buy another more professional Jackson, maybe DXMG or KE3.

Hey it's a Jackson. It will definately withstand live playing for some years. I didn't play it live yet, but I would play a concert without a backup. The hardware should also last for a while and the strap locks won't pull out that fast. The floyd trem is let's say not that reliable, 'cause my fine-tuners clamp after a half year of playing now, but I guess that's my fault cause I play in my cellar. I can't tell much bout the finish, 'cause I made some mods on my guitar.

I like playing the drop-tunings so I had to adjust the floyd rose, so that it works without buzzing, which took some hours, but now it works. For the thrash-metal sound I had to adjust the pickups a lil bit higher, what took bout 5 mins. The Jackson-typical superfast and thin neck fits my quite fast playing style very well. The overall condition was quite perfect, no rust, finish cracks, etc.

This one should be from 02/03, don't know where it was made. It has 22 jumbo frets and a maple neck with rosewood fretboard and a black finish. Don't know what the body style is called but it has got a licensed floyd locking trem and 2 passive humbucker pickups. There's one tone, a volume knob and a 3-way blade Switch. The locking tuners should be Jackson. A second volume knob would've been nice.