JS30DK Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DK Dinky

Purchased from: Archambault

I'm playing mainly metal and hard rock. This guitar seems to be built for that type of music. Can't tell if it matches other style of music because I'm not a very versatile player right now, but it seems to handle pretty much anything. I got a boss metal zone and a 15w Marshall amp. The guitar is a bit noisy though. First I thought it was the amp but I tried other guitars and they weren't that bad. Then I bought other cables. It helped but wasn't that much of an improvement. Copper shielding it would probably help.

This guitar is pretty well suited for anything that has distortion. However, it stills have its limitations. The pickups could certainly be better and it could also be a bit less noisy but overall it's not that bad. It's the first electric guitar (I also have a takamine acoustic) I bought and I'm satisfied with it. If it was stolen or lost though, I'd probably look for something else. At the time I bought it, my knowledge was limited and I picked this one because it sound great at the store and looked cool, but for that price there is surely something better.

I haven't played live with this guitar but I am confident that it can withsand live playing. I have never had any technical problems with it so far and don't think I'll have any. The hardware is reliable and hold on pretty good. I even dropped it a few times and the only thing that happenned is a litte paint stripping off. Otherwise the paint job is still flawless.

I bought the demo guitar so it was pretty much all set up. Didn't had to adjust anything. Just got problems with the floyd rose the first time I changed the strings but that's normal.

Mine was built in Japan, can't tell when. 22 jumbo frets. Alder body with flame maple top. Transparent blue finish. Bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Floyd rose bridge, 1 tone and 1 volume Switch. Standard Jackson humbucker pickup. Pretty cool stuff for the price paid.

Gibson_Rocker13
    i got this guitar used and it played pertty good.the only problem i had with it hough was the floyd rose.whenever i do divebombs the guitar goes 1/2 a step down in tune and then you gotta do a bit of a reverse divebomb to get it in tune.the same thing if ur doing reverse divebombs but itll go 1/2 up in tuning.this is coomon though in the lisenced floyd rose systems i heard.its because the blades on the locking system wear quiker.other than that i love the guitar and it doesnt go lower than half step tuning if you use the whammy bar.