JS30DK Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: JS30DK Dinky

Purchased from: The Music Spot

This guitar suits me perfectly, I play in a metalcore band so this guitar was pretty much made for me. I'm playing it through a Crate GT65 with a 4X12 Crate cab. The sound overall is on the deeper side, but it can still give some killer highs, so far I haven't hade any problems with buzzing or humming. This guitar can pretty much do anything, the cleans are awesome it does get a little dirty once you start to crank it up but apart from that this guitar would pretty much handle any style.

I play metalcore, as well as some pantera and Slayer, and some punkish stuff just for good measure and this guiatr suits me perfectly, almost anything with distortion this axe will be perfect. I've been playing for about 2 years now and I own 2 other budget crappy guitars. If someone stole this guitar I'd probably buy andother one or save a lil more cash and get a DKMG (just 'cause eits tooks cooler).

I've played live 4-5 times with this axe and so far I haven't had to resort to my backup, the hardware has handled everything I've thrown at it and same goes for the finish, even though I've dropped it a couple of times, the paintwork is still perfect. I can definitly depend of this guitar but I always gig with a backup, just incase I break a string cause the locking trem makes quick string changes impossible.

Jackson is a pretty sweet company so you know your gettin somethin good, and this guitar was no exception the only change I had to make wa sthe tuning, but that only took about half an hour and I wa soff and shredding. Probably the worst thing abpout the guitar was a tiny spot of pait on the back of the neck, but that doesn't bother me to much. All of the controls are solid and the bridge was perfectly set up when I got it.

This model was made in 2005 in Japan. It has 22 frets with a super thin rosewood neck and jumbo frets. It has a dark metallic blue finnish on a solid indian cedro body, I guess you could say it has a Strat shaped body. It has a floyd rose double locking tremolo system. Comes with 1 tone and 1 control knob and a 3 way blade switch for the Jackson CVR pickups.

Cryp
    I have this Guitar and its really Great. Only Thing i didt was blocking the tremelo to it cant go down.I started to really learn guitar with the JS30. Good Beginner Guitar.